- Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router
- What can I do if I forget the login username/password of my DSL modem/router?
- What can I do if the xDSL LED indicator is not on constantly on my xDSL modem router?
- How to find or change the wireless password on the TP-Link products
- ADSL Modem Router All-in-one Troubleshooting Guide
- How to protect your TP-Link network devices from potential attacks?
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows 7&Windows 8 built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- How to improve my wireless speed or range?
- Powerline adapters may cause intermittent connection of DSL modem router in a few rare cases
- How to configure PPPoE connection on Mac pro
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows XP built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- How to reset TP-Link products to factory defaults
- How to change the LAN IP address of TP-Link DSL modem router?
- How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link DSL modem & router
- How to Set Access Control of the Internet with Firewall on modem router (self-developed UI)?
- How to Use Parent Control on modem router (self-developed UI)?
- How to connect/install TP-Link DSL router into your network (Wired network connection)
- How to configure modem router to work with IPTV (self-developed UI)?
- Why cannot log into the Management Page with NOD 32 ESET?
- How to reset TP-Link ADSL modem router to factory defaults
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2015-05-12||Language: English||File Size: 7.57 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. For TD-W8980B V1
|Published Date: 2014-11-10||Language: English||File Size: 7.57 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.