How to create a guest network on High Power Wireless N Router? (Router/AP mode--new logo)
This function allows you to provide Wi-Fi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them.
Here we take TL-WR941HP for demonstration.
1. Guest network is only available when the router is set to Router or Access Point mode. Please make sure you have configured the router correctly according to the instructions below.
2. Go to Advanced > Guest Network or Settings > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section.
3. Create a guest network as needed.
1) Tick the Enable Guest Network checkbox.
2) Customize the SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests to manually input the SSID for guest network access.
3) Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal, keep the default Version and Encryption values, and customize your own password.
4. Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set!
To customize guest network options as needed.
Locate the Settings section.
• Allow guests to see each other Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with each other via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
• Allow guests to access my local network (in Router mode) Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with the devices connected to your router’s LAN ports or main network via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
Click Save. Now you can ensure network security and privacy!
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.