Download for TD-W8950N
- Product Overview
- What can I do if the xDSL LED indicator is not on constantly on my xDSL modem router?
- How to configure Parental Control on my TD-W8960N/ TD-W8968/TD-W8950ND/TD-W8950N?
- Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router
- What can I do if I forget the login username/password of my DSL modem/router?
- How to Setup IPSec Tunnel (VPN) on TD-W8960N/TD-W8950ND/TD-W8968(V3 V4)
- ADSL Modem Router All-in-one Troubleshooting Guide
- How to protect your TP-Link network devices from potential attacks?
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows 7&Windows 8 built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- How to improve my wireless speed or range?
- Powerline adapters may cause intermittent connection of DSL modem router in a few rare cases
- How to configure PPPoE connection on Mac pro
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows XP built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- How to set up Port Forwarding feature on TD-W8968 V3V4,TD-W8950ND,TD-W8950N,TD-W8960N?
- How to install TP-Link ADSL router to work on Bridge mode
- How to change the LAN IP address of TP-Link DSL router
- How to reset TP-Link products to factory defaults
- How to upgrade TP-Link ADSL Modem Router (Broadcom Solution)
- How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link DSL modem & router
- How to secure Wi-Fi with a Password on TD-W8950N, TD-W8950ND,TD-W8960N,TD-W8968 V3 V4?
- How to Configure Guest Network on TD-W8968(v2 and later), TD-W8960N(v5 v6), TD-W8950N, TD-W9980(B), TD-W9970,Archer D2/D5/D7/D9?
- How to install TD-W8950N(D) , TD-W8960N(D/B), TD-8810/8840, TD-W8910G/8920G, TD-W8968 V3 V4 to work with IPoE or Dynamic IP?
- How to configure Wireless MAC address filter on TD-W8950N(D) , TD-W8960N(D/B), TD-W8910G/8920G, TD-W8968 V3V4 ？
- How to export configuration file of TP-Link ADSL Modem Router
- How to disable remote management function for TP-Link ADSL modem router
- How to Use the TD-W8960N/TD-W8968_V3V4 Wireless Bridge (WDS) Function with another TD-W8960N/TD-W8968_V3V4/TD-W8950ND(V2)/TD-W8950N
- How to connect/install TP-Link DSL router into your network (Wired network connection)
- How to install TD-W8950N(D) , TD-W8960N(D/B), TD-8810/8840, TD-W8910G/8920G, TD-W8968 V3 V4 to work with PPPoE?
- How to install TD-W8950N(D) , TD-W8960N(D/B), TD-8810/8840, TD-W8910G/8920G, TD-W8968 V3 V4 to work with PPPoA?
- How do I secure wireless network by using TP-Link wireless DSL router with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- How do I secure wireless network by using TP-Link wireless DSL router with WEP encryption
- How to configure the access control (ACL) on TP-Link DSL router
- Why my ADSL modem get abnormal IP on Telstra BigPond and how to solve it (TD-W8950N, TD-W8950ND,TD-W8960N,TD-W8968 V3 V4)？
- How to turn TD-W8968V3V4, TD-W8950N,TD-W8950NDV2,TD-W8960N V4-V6 into an NBN-ready wireless router ?
- How to Set TD-W8960N/TD-W8950ND QoS for RTSP?
- How to Set TD-W8960N/TD-W8950ND QoS for Online Game?
- How to Set TD-W8960N/TD-W8950ND QoS for IGMP/IPTV?
- How to install TD-W8950N(D) , TD-W8960N(D/B), TD-8810/8840, TD-W8910G/8920G, TD-W8968 V3 to work with IPoA or Static IP ?
- Why cannot log into the Management Page with NOD 32 ESET?
- How to reset TP-Link ADSL modem router to factory defaults
- Why shows “Test ATM-OAM fail”
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2015-02-05||Language: English||File Size: 5.77 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1.Fixed the bug that IP address couldn't be saved in the IP filter when using IP+Mask format.
2.Fixed the bug that wireless is not available after reboot when wireless schedule was enabled.
3.Fixed the bug that DDNS account couldn't be saved when the password contained '#'.
4.Fixed the bug that when the main nework was disabled ,the guest network still shown wrongly as enabled.
5.Fixed the bug that in some applications DNS will work improperly.
6.Fixed the bug that the router will not dial up again when PPPoE authentication failed.
7.Fixed the bug that the wireless in Quick Setup will automatic disabled after 10mins.When enable it,the SSID is empty and not encrypted.
8.Fixed the bug that the router doesn't limit the unsupported characters in DDNS domain name.
9.Fixed the bug that bandwidth control of Guest network could not take effect.
10.Fixed the bug that the router would forward the packets to other LAN ports which were supposed to forward to the WLAN.
1. For TD-W8950N V1
2. Old firmware’s configuration file can be imported into this new firmware.
3. Your device’s configuration won't be lost after upgrading, which means you needn't to configure your device again after upgrading.
|Published Date: 2014-01-06||Language: English||File Size: 5.81 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.