How to set up the HomeShield Parental Controls feature on a TP-Link Router
With the HomeShield Parental Controls feature, you can create profiles for family members and specify the devices that belong to each. Set individualized parental controls including when and for how long each person can access the internet. Block inappropriate content and pause the internet if necessary.
Before you start:
- You should have a TP-Link HomeShield router and have an iOS device running iOS 9 or later, or an Android device running Android 4.2 or later.
- You have downloaded and installed the TP-Link Tether app/TP-Link Deco app on your device.
Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
Note: In this article, we will take the Tether app as an example to illustrate the configuration.
- Select the desired TP-Link HomeShield router and log in. Tap the HomeShield menu at the bottom. If you haven’t bound this router to your TP-Link ID, bind it to use the HomeShield service.
- On the Parental Controls card (Time Spent Online Per Day), tap + to create family member profiles to manage your family’s online time and online activities.
- Create a Profile. Select a family role, set family member name and profile photo, tap + to add devices, then tap Create.
- Set filter content. You can add unwanted websites to the Blocked Websites list and choose the content category for this family member.
- Set the bedtime during which the internet is unavailable. Free users can only use Everyday mode while Pro users can set more flexible bedtime schedules.
Note: Tap to Upgrade to subscribe to the HomeShiled Pro service, Pro users can set Bedtime flexibly, use Time Limits and Offtime.
- Pro users can set the Weekdays & Weekends mode, or custom the days as needed.
- Pro users can set the time limits to limit how long the family member can surf the internet, and set the off time to control when the family member can’t surf the internet.
¿Es útil esta pregunta frecuente?
Sus comentarios nos ayudan a mejorar este sitio.