How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
Access Point mode aims to extend the existing wired network and expand the wireless coverage for a home network. At this time, the Deco system will not create its own subnet but purely forward data between the root router and the clients.
1. Always keep the Deco’s firmware up-to-date to use AP mode. If you’re not sure, please open Deco app, tap “More”, then select “Update Deco” for a check.
2. Please make sure you have installed the latest Deco app to use AP mode.
3. In AP mode, the Deco system will not act as a DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the clients. Please make sure you have enabled the DHCP server function on the root router.
4. In AP mode, since all the clients are managed by the root router, some advanced features will not be available in the Deco app, including Antivirus, Parental Controls, Port Forwarding, Address Reservation, TP-Link DDNS, etc.
5. Ethernet Backhaul is also working in AP mode.
Step 1. Launch the Deco app, tap “More” on the bottom right corner, and then tap “Advanced”.
Step 2. Tap “Operating Mode”, then choose “Access Point” mode. The app will indicate to reboot the router, tap “OK”.
Step 3. Wait for about 2 minutes until the LED light recovers to solid green, then the Deco system will work in AP mode.
In AP mode, you’re able to change some basic settings in the Deco app including Wireless Settings, LED Control, etc. And you can refer to the link to know the differences between the Access Point and Router mode.
In addition, you can also tap “Advanced”, then tap “Operating Mode” to switch back to “Router” mode.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.