What can I do if I cannot login the upgrade Utility for Deco with my TP-Link ID?
- Login Error below:
- Make sure your Deco system could be upgraded through this Utility.
Deco Models that could be updated through this Utility is listed below, you may check the hardware version of your Deco on its label.
Deco M9 Plus V2;
- Make sure the PC running this upgrade Utility is connected to the Deco network.
Wired or Wireless, both fine.
- Make sure the TP-Link ID and password are correct.
You may use the same TP-Link ID and password to login to the Deco app on your cellphone, if the same ID and password work on your Deco app, proves that your TP-Link ID and password are indeed correct. Otherwise, you might have to “log out and retrieve your password” in the Deco app.
Note1: The Upgrade Utility distinguishes the upper case and lower case of the TP-Link ID (e.g. Test.Tplink.com is not equal to test.tplink.com), please go to the Deco app, click the top left corner to confirm the email address.
Note2: The TP-Link ID is an email address that could be used for managing your Deco network, you may check it in the Deco app.
- Make sure your TP-Link ID is the Owner of the Deco network, not a Manager.
There are two types of TP-Link IDs, the one which created the Deco network, is called “Owner”, the “Owner” could authorize other TP-Link IDs to manage this network. Those other TP-Link IDs are called “Managers”.
You may check it in the Deco app.
- If the above steps are finished and you still cannot login the upgrade Utility, please check this out:
- Check if there are any Virtual Adapters on your computer, please disabled them and try logging in again. For example, any kind of VPN connection, Hyper V, VMware or Oracle Virtual Box Virtual adapters.
You may open “Control Panel>>Network and Internet>>Network and Sharing Center>>On the left, Change Adapter Settings” to check if there are any Virtual Adapters.
- Still cannot login the Utility after finishing all steps?
Please contact us.
Your feedback helps improve this site.