How to access the USB Storage Device with AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)
Insert your USB storage device into the modem router’s USB port and then access files stored there locally or remotely.
Here takes Archer VR2800 as demonstration.
• If you use USB hubs, make sure no more than 4 devices are connected to the modem router.
• If the USB storage device requires using bundled external power, make sure the external power has been connected.
• If you use a USB hard drive, make sure its file system is FAT32 or NTFS. Some modem routers also support the HFS+ and exFAT file systems.
• Before you physically disconnect a USB device from the modem router, safely remove it to avoid data damage: Go to Advanced > USB Sharing > USB Storage Device and click .
Access the USB Device Locally
For Windows Computer
Go to Computer > Network, then click the Network Server Name (ARCHER_model number by default) in the Computer section.
1. Operations in different systems are similar. Here we take Windows 7 as an example.
2. Network Server Name can be customized on the web management page.
Open the Windows Explorer (or go to Computer) and type the server address \\tplinkmodem.net or ftp://tplinkmodem.net in the address bar, then press Enter.
Open a web browser and type the server address http:// tplinkmodem.net:8082 in the address bar, then press Enter.
Tips: You can also use the SFTP method to access the USB storage device.
1) Select Go > Connect to Server
2) Type the server address smb://tplinkmodem.net
3) Click Connect
4) When prompted, select the Guest radio box. (If you have set up a username and a password to deny anonymous access to the USB disks, you should select the Registered User radio box.)
Tips: You can also use the FTP, http and SFTP methods to access the USB storage device.
Access the USB Device Remotely
You can access your USB disk outside the local area network. For example, you can:
• Share photos and other large files with your friends without logging in to (and paying for) a photo-sharing site or email system.
• Get a safe backup for the materials for a presentation.
• Save and remove the files on your camera’s memory card during your travels.
Note: If your ISP assigns a private WAN IP address (such as 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x), you cannot use this feature because private addresses are not routed on the internet.
Follow the steps below to configure remote access settings.
1. Log in the web interface of the modem router. You can refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
2. Go to Advanced > USB Sharing > USB Storage Device page.
3. Select the check box to enable FTP (via Internet), or https (via Internet), or SFTP (via Internet), then click Save.
4. Refer to the following table to access your USB disk remotely.
For Windows Computer
1) Open the Windows Explorer (or go to Computer, only for Windows users) or open a web browser.
2) Type the server address in the address bar:
Type in ftp://<WAN IP address of the modem router>:<port number> (such as ftp://184.108.40.206:21). If you have specified the domain name of the modem router, you can also type in ftp://<domain name>:<port number> (such as ftp:// MyDomainName:21)
3) Press Enter on the keyboard.
4) Access with the username and password you create.
Open a web browser and type the server address https://<WAN IP address of the modem router>:<port number> (such as https://220.127.116.11:8443) in the address bar, then press Enter.
If you have specified the domain name of the modem router, you can also type in https:// <domain name>:<port number> (such as https://MyDomainName:8443)
Access with the username and password you’ve set.
You can get the WAN IP address on Advanced > Status page.
Install an SFTP client (e.g. FileZilla) in your computer, configure the protocol parameters (enter the WAN address of the router and the username and password you’ve created), and then you can access the USB storage device via the SFTP client.
Tips: You can also access the USB disk via a third-party app for network files management, which can resume broken file transfers.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.