How to use the WDS Bridging function of Archer C9, C50_V2 to extend my wireless network?
User's Application Scenario
My house covers a large area. The wireless network coverage of the router I’m using (the root router) is limited. I want to use an extended router to extend the wireless network of the root router.
• WDS bridging only requires configuration on the extended router;
• WDS bridging function can be enabled either in 2.4GHz frequency or 5GHz frequency for a dual-band router.
We use the WDS bridging function in 2.4GHz frequency as an example.
2. Configure the IP address of the router:
Go to Advanced > Network > LAN, configure the IP address of the extended router to be in the same subnet with the root router; (For example, the IP address of the root router is 192.168.0.1, the IP address of the extended router can be 192.168.0.2~192.168.0.254. We take 192.168.0.2 as example.)
Note: Login to the web management page again if the IP address of the router is altered.
3. Survey the SSID to be bridged:
1) Go to Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters and load the 2.4GHz Wireless and click Enable WDS Bridging;
Note: If there is no WDS which means your router might be using a different firmware please click here.
2) Click Survey, locate the root router’s SSID and click Choose (Here we take TPLINK_2512 as example);
3) If the root router has wireless password, you should enter the wireless password of the root router;
4) Click Save.
4. Disable DHCP:
1) Go to Network > DHCP Server;
2) Deselect Enable DHCP Server and click Save. Please Do NOT reboot the router.
Now you can go to Advanced > Status > Wireless to check the WDS status. When the WDS Status is running, it means WDS bridging is successfully built.
You can also make a simple check by the Ping command. If the ping proceeds successfully (which means the WDS performs properly), you will see the similar screen as below: (in this example, 192.168.1.1 is the IP address of the root router)
Please refer to How to Use the Ping Command
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.