- Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Modems/ Gateways
- Network Expansion
- Smart Home
- Mobile Wi-Fi
- JetStream Switches
- Auranet Businesss Wi-Fi
- Pharos Wireless Broadband
- SafeStream Router
How to test the network connectivity using Diagnostics on the Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?Configuration GuideUpdated 04-19-2019 06:45:57 AMThis Article Applies to:TL-WR1043N( V5 ) , Archer AX50( V1 ) , Archer A2300( V1 ) , Archer AX10( V1 ) , Archer AX6000( V1 ) , Archer C59( V2 V3 ) , Archer C58( V2 ) , Archer A20( V1 ) , Archer AX1800( V1.20 ) , Archer C3150 V2 , Archer C2300( V1 V2 ) , Archer C900( V1 ) , Archer C80( V1 ) , Archer C3200( V2 ) , Archer A6( V2 ) , Archer A7( V5 ) , Archer C3150( V2 ) , Archer C60( V2 V3 ) , Archer C8( V3 ) , Archer C9( V4 V5 ) , Archer C6( V2 ) , Archer A9( V6 ) , Archer C7( V4 V5 ) , Archer C5400( V2 ) , Archer C4000( V2 ) , Archer C1900( V2 ) , Archer C90( V6 ) , Archer C1200( V2 V3 ) , Archer A10( V1 ) , Archer C5400X( V1 ) , Archer AX20( V1 ) , Archer AX3000( V1 )
1. Log in to the web-based interface of the router. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to
2. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Diagnostics.
3. Enter the information with the help of page tips:
1) Choose Ping or Traceroute as the diagnostic tool to test the connectivity;
• Ping is used to test the connectivity between the router and the tested host, and measure the round-trip time.
• Traceroute is used to display the route (path) your router has passed to reach the tested host, and measure transit delays of packets across an Internet Protocol network.
2) Enter the IP Address or Domain Name of the tested host.
4. Click Start to begin the diagnostics.
Click Advanced, you can modify the ping count, ping packet size or the Traceroute Max TTL. It’s recommended to keep the default value.
The figure below indicates the proper connection between the router and the Yahoo server (www.Yahoo.com) tested through Ping.
The figure below indicates the proper connection between the router and the Yahoo server (www.Yahoo.com) tested through Traceroute.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.Any other feedback?How can we improve it?Thank you
We appreciate your feedback.
Click here to contact TP-Link technical support.