How to set up Access Control on AC VDSL/ADSL modem router?
User's application scenario: block or allow specific client devices to access your network (via wired or wireless)
How can I do that?
For example, I want to block/allow My PC to access my network (via wired or wireless).
Follow the steps below to set up Access Control on AC VDSL/ADSL modem router.
Note: Archer VR2600 is used for demonstration in this article.
1. Please refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?
2. Go to Advanced > Security > Access Control and enable Access Control.
3. Select the access mode to either block (recommended) or allow the device(s) in the list.
Note: Blacklist will block the device(s) in the list to access your network, the other devices not in the list can still access your network; Whitelist will allow only the device(s) in the list to access your network while the other devices not in the list will not be able to access your network.
To block specific device(s)
1) Select Blacklist and click Save.
2) Select the device(s) to be blocked in the Devices Online table.
3) Click Block above the Devices Online table. The selected devices will be added to Devices in Blacklist automatically.
Note：If the device(s) to be blocked is not connected your network, please click Add, enter the Device Name and MAC Address, then click OK.
To allow specific device(s)
1) Select Whitelist and click Save.
2) Click Add.
3) Enter the Device Name and MAC Address (You can copy and paste the information from Devices Online table if the device is connected to your network).
4) Click OK.
Now you can block or allow specific client devices to access your network (via wired or wireless) using the Blacklist or Whitelist.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Iscriviti alla newsletter TP-Link prende la Privacy seriamente. Per maggiori informazioni sul trattamento dei tuoi dati consulta l'Informativa Privacy.