How to configure Repeater/Bridge Mode of your 11ac wireless access point
If you are in a Wi-Fi dead-zone or a place with weak wireless signal and you want to have a greater effective range of the wireless signal throughout your home or office, you may select Repeater/Bridge Mode of your 11ac wireless access point (If the host AP’s SSID is protected, find out its wireless password first).
Follow the steps below.
Note: AP500 is used for demonstration in this FAQ.
Go to Advanced > Wireless > Basic Settings. Select Repeater/Bridge Mode from the drop-down list.
1) Select the host AP’s network 2.4GHz or 5GHz to connect. Here we take 2.4GHz for demostration.
2) Enter the exact same wireless settings of the Host network that you want to connect to. Or click Wireless Scanner and choose a Host network from the list(recommended).Once a network is selected, its SSID, MAC address and security settings (except the password) will be automatically filled in the respective fields.If the selected network is protected, enter the password.
3) Click Save to save the settings.
4) Select the wireless network 2.4GHz or 5GHz to configure the extended wireless, AP500’s wireless settings. Here we take 2.4GHz for demostration.
5) The wireless radio is enabled by default. Customize the Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Security settings. The default WPA/WPA2- Personal is recommended. Enter a Password below to prevent unauthorized access to your AP500.
1. If you want to automatically copy the same SSID and security settings as the Host AP, click the Same as Host AP button.
2. If you want to hide this wireless network name, tick Hide SSID.
6) Click Save to save the settings.
Ez a GY.I.K. hasznos volt?
Véleménye segíti az oldal fejlesztését