How to setup Parental Control on the Deco
What are Deco’s Parental Controls?
Parental Controls allow you to filter online content for your children, control when they can access the internet, restrict the total time they spend online each day and track the websites they visit and apps they use.
1. Please make sure the Private MAC Address is disabled on your clients, otherwise, the parental control may not take effect.
2. Some features in the Parental Control may vary by model.
Here is the details setup process, and we take the Deco M5 as an example.
1. Launch the Deco app, tap Parental Controls, and then click on Create a Profile or tap the + icon at the top right corner.
2. Create a profile name, select the kid’s age that you want to set up the profile for, then pick an Avatar, and click on Next.
Note: We will preset the parental control rules based on the selected age, and you can change the age in the profile settings if you want.
3. Select the device you want to control, click on Done, and then you can see a profile created.
4. Click on Device, then tap the + icon at the top right corner, and then you can add more devices to this profile.
5. Click on Filtered Content, then tap Filter level, and you can change the age you set in this profile.
On the Manage Categories, there are some categories that are inappropriate for the corresponding age blocked. You can adjust the categories by tapping the + or – icon to block more categories or exclude some categories. Then please click on Save to save the changes.
6. Click on Blocked Content, then you can tap Add a Website/App to block the websites or apps. If you have changed the settings, please click on Save.
If you want to remove the blocked websites or apps, please click on the three dots icon and then tap Delete, then click on Save to save the changes.
7. Click on Bedtime to set the time period that your kids have no internet access to make sure they will have a full night’s sleep.
Click on School nights, enable Bedtime, and then set the bedtime at school nights.
Click on Weekends, enable Bedtime, and then set the bedtime at weekends.
Click on Set Weekdays and Weekends, then you can select the weekdays and weekends as you like, and please click on Done after you have completed.
Note: The settings will be applied to Bedtime and Time Limits for this profile.
Click on Save to save the Bedtime settings.
8. Click on Time Limits to limit how much time your kids spend online every day.
Click on Weekdays and Weekends to set the time.
Click on Set Weekdays and Weekends to set the weekdays and weekends as you like.
Click on Save to save the Time Limits settings.
9. After the whole process is done, you have created a profile for your kids. And you can click on Delete Profile to delete it if you want.
10. On the Parental Controls page, you can click on Block on a profile, and then all the devices in the profile will have no access to the internet today. You can also click on Unblock to release the limit.
11. If you want to see the websites that the blocked devices have viewed, please tap the profile and then click on the icon at the right-top corner.
Είναι χρήσιμο αυτό το FAQ;
Τα σχόλιά σας συμβάλλουν στη βελτίωση αυτού του ιστότοπου.