Fail to setup the slave Deco
We may encounter one of the following problems, or error code appears during basic configuration of slave Deco, when you have the problems, you can refer to the below suggestions to do some troubleshooting.
Before we configure the slave Deco, please confirm your phone is connected to the existing Deco Wi-Fi network.
LED on the slave Deco is abnormal
1. LED is not pulsing blue
Find the RESET button at the bottom of the Deco, press it for one second and then release, the LED will turn yellow, then wait for 2 minutes till the LED turns pulsing blue.
2. LED is off
Change another power adapter and power socket to have a try. It could be an issue of the Deco unit, the power adapter or the power socket.
Get stuck on “Looking for new deco”
Error Code: We couldn’t find deco
1. Move your smartphone closer to the slave Deco unit you're trying to add, move the slave Deco unit next to the Main Deco, reboot the Main Deco.
Make sure the slave Deco unit is powered on and the LED is pulsing blue. If not, reset the slave Deco by pressing the RESET button for one second.
Then wait for 2 minutes till the main Deco is working and the LED is pulsing blue on the slave Deco, try to add the slave Deco again.
2. Force the Deco app to close, then open the app and add the slave Deco again. If the app reminds "We couldn't find Deco", please tap TRY AGAIN. Then you may see an option called "Setup via Bluetooth", tap the option and walk through the steps to complete the setup (disconnect any Bluetooth devices connected to the phone in this case).
3. Make sure you selected the correct model when configuring the slave Deco.
4. Connect the slave Deco unit to the Main Deco by an Ethernet cable, then try to add the slave Deco again.
5. Unplug main Deco with the modem, connect the slave Deco instead, refer to the link to create a new Deco network for the slave Deco, after setup the slave Deco successfully, update the firmware of the slave Deco to the latest version, then reset the slave deco, and add it to the existing Deco network.
Get stuck on “Testing connection/optimizing the network”.
1. Reset the slave Deco (find the RESET button at the bottom of the Deco, press it for one second and then release), disconnect main Deco from modem, power off and on both main Deco and modem, wait a few minutes till modem completes reboot.
Then connect slave Deco to Main Deco via Ethernet cable, and connect main Deco back to modem via Ethernet cable, configure the slave Deco again.
2. Unplug main Deco, connect slave Deco to the modem instead. Refer to the link to create a new Deco network for the slave Deco, if it succeeds, reset the previous main Deco and add it to the new Deco network.
If above suggestions are not working, it’s suggested to contact TP-Link support.
Your feedback helps improve this site.