How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?
This article will introduce the configuration of the IPTV function. Before we start, please make sure the internet is working on the Deco unit, if not, please set up the internet connection first.
1. If you have already had access to the Internet and IPTV function normally by default, please ignore this article, just keep the default settings of the IPTV page.
2. Currently, some Deco models do not support the IPTV feature, but they will support this feature via firmware update in the future.
3. Not all the Deco models support to set IPTV port on the satellite units, but this feature will be supported via firmware update in the future.
Here we take Deco M5 as an example.
Step 1: On the Deco App, please go to the More -> Advanced -> IPTV/VLAN page.
Step 2: Enable IPTV/VLAN, select the ISP profile according to your ISP.
There are many “Mode” available on the IPTV/VLAN setting page, such as Bridge, Singapore-Singtel, Malaysia-TM Unifi, Malaysia-Maxis and Custom etc.
These modes are designed for different ISPs. In other words, the mode which you need to choice is up to your ISP.
Bridge mode doesn’t need you to type in the VLAN information, we just use this mode when ISP doesn’t require VLAN settings.
Custom mode is used for some ISPs which require 802.1Q VLAN settings for IPTV service.
For some Deco models such as Deco M5, the Custom mode supports to set the IPTV port on the satellite deco units. You can set 3 IPTV ports most for your Deco system.
1. If you only need to set up the IPTV feature and no VLAN settings, then leave the Internet VLAN ID and Internet VLAN Priority blank.
2. You can set IPTV VLAN Priority and Internet VLAN Priority to 0 if no special number from your ISP is required.
3. Select the 802.11Q Tag or not is up to your ISP. Normally, the 802.1Q Tag should be checked.
4. The IPTV/VLAN page and the ISP list may vary slightly depending on the model due to different software versions, which will synchronize in future firmware updates.
Step 3: Click on Save to complete the configuration.
When IPTV is configured, the IPTV service only takes effect on the other Ethernet port of the main Deco or the IPTV port you set on the satellite units, where you connect your IPTV device such as a set-top-box.
Other wired network clients or switches that are plugged into the IPTV port won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco. However, you can still connect them to the Ethernet ports of the slave Deco units to get internet access.
Sus comentarios nos ayudan a mejorar este sitio.