Switches for Surveillance
Switches for Business WiFi
Wireless Networking for Elevators
End of Life
Omada Software Controller
Omada Cloud-Based Controller
Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Omada creates a highly scalable network—all controlled from a single interface. Seamless wireless and wired connections are provided, ideal for use in hospitality, education, retail, offices, and more.
Pharos Long-Range Wireless
Need to transmit network to long range or remote areas? Try Pharos wireless solution!
Pharos is TP-Link's next-generation outdoor product series, providing long-range outdoor wireless networking solutions for applications such as WISP, Enterprise Bridge (P2P), and Wireless Surveillance (PtMP).
Worried about buffering when using outdoor wireless broadband? Try TP-Link MAXtream technology!
MAXtream, the breakthrough TDMA technology, makes outdoor AP smoother and produces more efficient communications.
Find the Stories
Replacement & Warranty
GPL Code Center
>How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
User Application RequirementConfiguration GuideTroubleshootingQ&A of functional explanation or specification parameters
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
EAP115(EU)_V4_3.4.0 Build 20191014
Please upgrade firmware/software from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it may cause upgrade failure or mistakes and be against the warranty.
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.2.x or above
1. Fixed the bug that the CPU usage of EAP may be high when EAPs are deployed densely.
2. Fixed the bug that EAP may disconnect from Omada Controller when EAPs are deployed densely.
1. For EAP115 v4 only.
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
3. This version of firmware is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.X or above.
4. You cannot downgrade if you upgrade from 2018 or older firmware to this version directly.
EAP115(EU)_V4_3.3.0 Build 20190301
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.1.x or above
1. Add Radius Accounting to External Radius Server in standalone mode.
2. Add SSID Radius accounting to WPA-Enterprise security mode.
3. Add SSL encryption in Auto Mail of Log Settings.
4. Support the feature of merging 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID with Controller 3.1.4.
5. Support SSID MAC Authentication to none security mode with Controller 3.1.4.
6. Support channel utilization function with Controller 3.1.4.
7. Support Layer-3 Accessibility in SSH with Controller 3.1.4.
8. Change the rule of the LED when resetting/rebooting EAP.
1. For EAP115 v4 only.
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
3. This version of firmware is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.X or above.
EAP115(EU)_V4_3.2.0 Build 20181211
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.0.x or above
1. Add Band Steering/LED Locate/Client rate limit/SSID rate limit Function in Standalone mode.
2. The SSID isolation function is promoted to the Guest Network Function. Wireless Clients connected with Guest SSID can’t communicate with each other and the local network.
3. Change the HTTP port of Portal authentication page from 80 to 22080 in standalone mode.
4. Add More Client Detail Log in standalone mode.
5. UI optimization.
1. Fixed the bug that HTTPS redirection of Portal authentication page will be inoperative when Omada Controller and Omada EAP belong to different subnet.
2. Fixed the bug that we may fail to change the configuration of portal function in standalone mode, if we uncheck Term of Use function in portal configuration page.
3. Fixed the bug that HTTPS redirection of Portal authentication page will be inoperative when the IP address of Omada EAP and wireless clients belong to different subnet.
1. For EAP115_v4 only.
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
The EAP Controller is used to manage multiple EAPs intensively.
If you are planning to upgrade from the old controller(v3.2.10 or below) to this version, please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide before upgrading the controller.
Supported device models and firmware:
EAP110_V4 3.20.0 Build 20200525 Rel. 36899 and above
EAP115_V4 3.20.0 Build 20200525 Rel.36931 and above
EAP225_V3 2.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70513 and above
EAP245_V3 2.20.0 Build 20200423 Rel. 36779 and above
EAP115-Wall_V1 1.20.0 Build 20200509 Rel. 63986 and above
EAP225-Wall_V2 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70504 and above
EAP110-Outdoor_V3 3.20.0 Build 20200511 Rel. 33388 and above
EAP225-Outdoor_V1 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70543 and above
EAP265 HD_V1, EAP230-Wall_V1, EAP235-Wall_V1, EAP660 HD_V1, EAP620 HD_V1
TL_SG3428MP_V1, TL_SG3428_V1, TL-SG2210MP_V1, TL-SG2210P_V3.20, TL-SG2428P_V1, TL-SG2008P_V1, TL-SG2008_V3, TL-SG3428X_V1, TL_SG3428XMP_V1, TL-SG3210XHP-M2_V1
1. Support to import the SSL certificate of PFX format.
2. Support to create of up to 1000 sites.
3. Support arbitrary adjustment of logo display and closing logo.
4. Support to paste the IP address for everywhere there is IP setting.
5. Support to restore the site privilege setting for cloud users when backup and restore for the same controller.
6. Support to print all unused voucher codes.
7. Support to delete the archived alert log and event log.
8. Support to export device list, client list, etc. in Export Data function.
9. Support to drag and drop card adjust the dashboard display.
10. Add the Hostname/IP setting which will be used for the controller URL in the notification email.
11. Add Past Connection page in the Insight menu.
12. Improve the MAP topology display.
1. Fixed the bug that the Limited Online Users voucher code still can be used after expired.
2. Fixed the bug that cannot use the website subpath in The Promotional URL settings of portal function.
3. Fixed the bug that cannot import the picture in MAP and Portal settings if access controller with cloud access.
4. Fixed the bug that the cutout logo will show a black background.
5. Fixed the bug that auto backup and schedule function cannot work if the time zone uses summertime.
1. Omada SDN Controller can configure and manage only certain devices with supported firmware. You need to make sure your device is compatible with Omada SDN Controller.
2. If you are using Omada Controller and plan to upgrade to this version, please follow the procedure of Omada Controller Upgrade Guide.
3. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
4. This version of the controller is applied to Omada APP of version 3.0.X or above.
5. Controller needs Java 8 and MongoDB 3.0-3.6 for running. And there are no built-in JRE and MongoDB, so you need to install them by yourself.
If you are planning to upgrade from the old controller(v3.2.10 or below) to this version, please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading the controller.
3. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.10 or below.
1. Expand the number of Omada Controller’s User Account to 500.
2. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.X new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
1. Change the mechanism that when adopting an EAP, the Controller will retain the IP configuration of EAP in Standalone mode.
2. Change the mechanism that multiple Omada Controllers can run on the same subnet.
3. Add the button of “Start Omada Controller after installation” and check it by default.
4. Extend the Max Associated Clients in Load Balance to 255.
5. Optimize the UI of Channel Utilization.
6. Optimize the authentication page of portal.
7. Optimize the UI of the portal that you cannot click Apply when you are uploading a photo.
8. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. Fixed the bug that the page of MAC filter may not display all groups when there are more than 5 groups.
2. Fixed the bug that after deleting a site, the Voucher code and Local user of this site still exist.
3. Fixed the bug that the site configuration will fail to restore when the imported site contains same Voucher code as the current Controller.
4. Fixed the bug that when mesh AP is powered off during upgrade, Controller may fail to upgrade other APs, with a prompt message “Other APs are upgrading”.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.x, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. The Omada Controller program needs to use the system's netstat command. If the Linux system does not have net-tools installed (which contain the netstat command), the program may not be able to run normally.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04, CentOS 6.x/7.x and Fedora 20 or above, Debian 9.8.
4. Built-in JRE 1.8 Java environment.
5. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
6. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.8.
7. When upgrading from Controller 2.5.3 Linux to this version via install.sh, you need to uninstall old version of Controller first.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.X, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04/Debian 9.8
1. Add “Select Page” feature on voucher management page.
2. Change default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
3. Optimize the “Free Authentication Policy” to support URL with suffixes.
4. Change the default status of new added “Free Authentication Policy” to enable.
1. Fixed the bug that when clients disconnect from the Facebook portal, the connection time and traffic usage of these clients may be zero in the log.
2. Fixed the bug that AP may disconnect from Omada Controller when it is upgrading the firmware.
3. Fixed the bug that in some cases, the channel configuration of 2.4G frequency may show up in 5G by mistake.
4. Fixed the bug that the configuration of SSID will not be issued correctly when changing the WLAN Group on the provisioning status.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the management page of vouchers.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” to uncheck.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the voucher management page.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.x new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT be able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgrading to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
4. You are recommended to create a backup before upgrading, or you will not be permitted to install this version of Omada Controller.
1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the processing time.
3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.
4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.
1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.
2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.
3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.
1. Merge 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID.
2. Add Guest Network function.
3. Optimize log field and content.
4. Add SSID Radius accounting to WPA-Enterprise security mode.
5. Optimize the site list which allows us to inquire the specific site based on the site name and add new entrance for the hotspot.
6. Add SSL encryption in Log Server, and Log setting/Mail Server can be only accessed by administrator account.
7. Add Layer-3 Accessibility in SSH.
8. Add Mesh settings to Backup and Restore file.
9. Add CHAP encryption and NAS ID in Radius portal authentication and the Radius Client role is transferred from EAP to Omada Controller.
10. Add SSID MAC Authentication to none security mode.
11. Add channel utilization function.
12. Add Full-Sector DFS function in Mesh network.
13. Channel limit is revised from private configuration to site settings.
14. Support inputting domain name in SMTP server.
1. The log will be cleared when you upgrade the software from version 3.0.x to version 3.1.4.
2. Add push notification to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above when EAP is connected/disconnected from Omada Controller.
3. This version of Omada Controller is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above.
4. When you upgrade your controller or backup files from lower version, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID entries with the same name will be merged and it will inherit the parameters of the original 2.4GHz SSID.
5. If you use External Radius Server with External Web Portal in old version controller, pay attention that the API has been changed in this version, thus you have to modify your External Web Portal, refer to FAQ-2390 for more details.
6. The log generated by EAP will be managed and storaged by Controller if you manage EAPs by Omada Controller.
7. Channel utilization will take effect only with new firmware.
Omada Discovery Utility 4.2.4
1. Support to discover the gateway and switch that support Omada SDN platform.
2. Add timeout mechanism during adopting the devices.
1. This version of software can be used in both Windows and Mac operation system.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS (**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC first.
4. Omada Controller and Discover Utility cannot run on the same computer at the same time.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.2.1
1. Fixed the bug that the Discovery Utility may fail to find EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that the Cancel button may overlap with the display box after managing APs.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.1.13
1. Fixed the bug that when the Discovery Utility issues Controller_IP to EAPs which are in factory status, Controller cannot batch manage the EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that sometimes the Discovery Utility cannot find all EAPs when running in MacOS.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS(**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC.
TP-Link Omada lets you configure settings, monitor network status and manage clients, all from the convenience of a smart phone or tablet. Learn more about Compatible Devices.
Note: To use Omada, please update your EAP's firmware to the latest version.
EAP AdoptionFacebook portal authenticationManagementStandalone EAP Log in Edit SSIDEAP reset backup and restore firmware update system time user accountConfigurationConfiguration ExamplePortalQuick Start
I would like to be kept up to date with TP-Link news, product updates and promotions.
From United States?
Check products and services for your region.