How to reset my Tapo camera
There are two methods to reset the Tapo camera to its default settings.
Method 1: Use the RESET button
Type 1: For Security Camera
While the camera is powered on, press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red. The camera will reset and reboot.
Type 2: For Pan&Tilt Security Camera
While the camera is powered on, tilt the camera lens up, then press and hold the RESET button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red. The camera will reset and reboot.
Type 3: For Outdoor Security Camera
1. Loosen the screws on the back panel and remove the cover.
2. Press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red.
Type 4: For Battery Camera
- Twist anti-clockwise and then pull to remove the cover of the camera and find the reset button.
- Press and hold the SYNC/RESET Button for at least 5 seconds until the camera’s status LED blinks red.
Method 2: Remove the camera via the Tapo App
Option 1: Go to the Home page
On the home page, long tap on your camera model card. Then tap the minus icon on the card. The camera will be removed from your TP-Link account and reset to the default settings.
Option 2: Go to Camera Settings page
1. On the home page, tap on your camera model card.
2. On the Live View page, tap the gear icon to enter the Camera Settings page.
3. Tap Remove Camera at the bottom to remove the camera from your TP-Link account. The camera will be removed from your account and reset to the default settings.
If you cannot reset your camera successfully, please try the following steps：
- Make sure your camera can be powered on.
- Please do not operate after power-on, wait 10 minutes and try to reset again.
If the issue is still the same, please contact TP-Link technical support.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.