How to set up my TD-W8960N for TPG IPTV
Before you begin, please note:
1. The TPG IPTV Trial service is currently only available to customers using ADSL2+ at TPG IPTV enabled exchanges.
Please go to http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/exchange.php to check whether your exchange has IPTV service enabled.
2. The computer which you wish to watch IPTV from must be connected by wired(ethernet) connection.
Configuration for IPTV:
1. Open your browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, then press "Enter" .
2. Enter the username and password of your modem. By default it will be Username: "admin" and Password: "admin" or if you have changed this, please enter the new username and password.
3. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "WAN Service" , check the “Remove” checkbox on “ppp0” and click “Remove” button;
4. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "Layer2 Interface – ATM Interface" , remove the interface with VPI 8 / VCI 35;
Click “Add” button to re-add an EoA connection with VPI 8 / VCI 35, do check the “Enable Quality of Service” checkbox and click “Apply/Save” button;
5. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "WAN Service" , click “Add” button to create a PPPoE connection with “Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy” checkbox checked, then click Next button and finish the settings.
6. Go to “Advanced Setup – WAN service”, remove the interface atm2 br_0_0_35 , if you don't have this item, please skip to next step.
7. Go to “Layer2 Interface – ATM Interface” remove the interface with VPI 0 / VCI 35 , at last click the “Add” button to create a “EoA” connection and do check the “Enable Quality of Service” checkbox and click “Apply/Save” button;
8. Go to “Advanced Setup – WAN service”, click “Add” button to create a “Bridging” connection for atm2_0_35 , change the description to “IPTV” , click “Next” and finish the rest settings;
9. Double check all the settings in “ATM Interface” and “WAN Service”:
QoS of ATM Interfaces (8/35 and 0/35) are enabled;
IGMP of PPPoE_0_8_35 is Enabled:
10. Go to “Management – Reboot” to click the "Reboot" button.
11. After the reboot, please go to https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/register/iptv.php to register for your Free TPG IPTV account. You must then follow the step-by-step guide to finish the on-line installation. If you require assistance with this, please contact TPG Technical Support on 1300 360 855.
1. The username and password are usually the same as your ADSL account;
2. You need to download and install the VLC software from http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/download.php, this is an important step for IPTV settings;
3. In the "modem setup instruction" page, please choose "Other Modem";
5. Once you have registered and configured your modem, you can begin viewing the TPG IPTV service. Please visit the TPG IPTV website at http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv , then log in with your username and password and enjoy your Free TPG IPTV service.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.