How to create a network for guests on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers
Guest Network provides secured Wi-Fi access for guests to share your home or office network. When you have visitors in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can enable the guest network for them. You can set different access options for Guest Network users, which is very effective to ensure the security and privacy of your main network.
To Create the Guest Network.
1. Log in to the web-based interface of the router by referring to How to log in to the web-based interface of Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?
2. Go to Advanced > Guest Network or Settings > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section.
3. Create a guest network as needed.
1) Tick the Enable Guest Network checkbox.
2) Customize the SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests to manually input the SSID for guest network access.
3) Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal, keep the default Version and Encryption values, and customize your own password.
4. Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set!
To customize guest network options as needed.
Locate the Settings section.
• Allow guests to see each other Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with each other via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
• Allow guests to access my local network Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with the devices connected to your router’s LAN ports or main network via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
Click Save. Now you can ensure network security and privacy!
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.