How to upgrade the firmware of TP-Link Wireless Dual Band 4G LTE Router (new logo)
We will inform you through the web management page if there’s any update firmware available for your router. Also, the latest firmware will be released at TP-Link official website, you can download it from the Support page of our website www.tp-link.com for free.
1. Make sure that you have a stable connection between the router and your computer. It is NOT recommended to upgrade the firmware wirelessly.
2. Make sure you remove any USB storage device connected to the router before the firmware upgrade to prevent data loss.
3. Back up your router configuration before upgrading the firmware. Please refer to To back up & restore configuration settings
4. Do NOT turn off the router during the firmware upgrade.
Here takes Archer MR200 as demonstration.
2. If there’s any firmware update available for your router, the update iconwill display on the top-right corner of the page. Click the icon to go to the Firmware Upgrade page.
Alternatively, you can go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade, and click Check for Upgrades to see if there’s any new firmware.
Tips: If there’s any new important firmware update for your router, you will see the notification (similar as shown below) on your computer when open a new web page. Click Upgrade Now, and log in to the web management page. You will see the Firmware Upgrade page.
3. Focus on the Online Upgrade section, and click Upgrade.
4. Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.
1. Download the latest firmware file for the router from our website www.tp-link.com.
3. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
4. Focus on the Device Information section. Make sure the downloaded firmware file matches with the Hardware Version.
5. Focus on the Local Upgrade section. Click Browse to locate the downloaded new firmware file, and click Upgrade.
6. Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.
1. Click Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore page.
2. Before upgrade: Click Backup to save a copy of the current settings to your local computer. A conf. bin file will be stored to your computer.
3. After upgrade: Click Browse to locate the previous backup configuration file, and click Restore.
4. Wait for the restoring and then the router will automatically reboot.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.