How to Configure Bandwidth Control on the TL-WR902AC (Standard Router and Hotspot Router Mode)
For the new UI, please refer to the FAQ: How to use bandwidth control or Speed Limit on TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?
Within a normal home network, the bandwidth is shared by all computers. This means any computer using high-bandwidth applications, for example torrent programs or other P2P software, will affect the other computers. This may also include negative influence on the performance of the entire network. How can we avoid this?
The answer is Bandwidth Control, which is designed to minimize the impact caused when the connection is under heavy load. Using Bandwidth Control, we can assign a specific minimum or maximum bandwidth for each computer, which means they have less interference on each other. Please follow the steps below to configure this feature.
The Bandwidth Control function is only applied in “Standard Router” and “Hotspot Router” modes for TL-WR902AC.
Step One: Control Settings
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the username and password you set for the router. The default username and password are both “admin” in lowercase.
2. Go to Advanced > Bandwidth Control > Control Settings.
The values you configure for the Egress Bandwidth and Ingress Bandwidth should be less than 100,000Kbps. For optimal control of the bandwidth, please select the right
Line Type and consult your ISP for the total egress and ingress bandwidth.
• Enable Bandwidth Control - Check this box so that the Bandwidth Control settings can take effect.
• Line Type - Select the right type for you network connection.
• Egress Bandwidth - The upload speed through the WAN port.
• Ingress Bandwidth - The download speed through the WAN port.
If you are not sure about the Line Type, Egress Bandwidth and Ingress Bandwidth, please consult your ISP.
Steps Two: Rules List
1. Go to Advanced > Bandwidth Control > Rules List, and you can view and configure the Bandwidth Control rules.
• Description - This is the information about the rules such as address range.
• Egress Bandwidth - This field displays the max and min upload bandwidth through the WAN port. The default is 0.
• Ingress Bandwidth - This field displays the max and min download bandwidth through the WAN port. The default is 0.
• Enable - This field displays the status of the rule.
• Modify - Click Modify/Delete to edit/delete the rule.
*To add a Bandwidth control rule:
1. Click Add New.
2. Enter the information like the figure shown below.
3. Click Save
You’d better set static IP Address on your local computers or configure Address reservation on the wireless router in order to manage easily.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.