How to set up Guest Network of Archer MR200?
User's Application Scenario
This function allows you to provide Wi-Fi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can customize guest network options to ensure network security, privacy, and fluency.
How can I do that?
Follow the steps below:
- Please refer to How to log into the web-based management interface of Archer MR200?
- Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section.
- Create a 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest network according to your needs.
1) Enable 2.4GHz, 5GHz or both wireless networks.
Note:Guest network and WDS cannot be enabled at the same time. If WDS was enabled, disable it at Advanced >Wireless > Advanced Settings.
2) Customize the SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests to manually input the SSID for guest network access.
3) Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal (recommended), keep the default Version and Encryption values, and customize your own password.
4. Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set!
Tips: To view guest network information, go to Advanced > Status and locate the Guest Network section.
Please continue, if you want to customize guest network options, and do not forget to click Save.
Allow guests to see each other
Select this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with each other via methods such as network neighbors, Samba, Ping, and FTP.
Allow guests to access my local network
Select this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with the devices connected to your router’s LAN ports or main network via methods such as network neighbors, Samba, Ping, and FTP.
Enable guest network bandwidth control
Select this checkbox if you want to assign the upstream and downstream bandwidths for the guest network. This option is available only when Bandwidth Control is enabled on the Advanced > Bandwidth Control page.
For your reference: How to set up Bandwidth Control of Archer MR200?
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.