How to create guest network on 3G/4G Wireless Router TL-MR3420 (new logo)?
This function allows you to provide Wi-Fi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can customize guest network options to ensure network security and privacy.
Note: TL-MR3420_V5 is used for demonstration in this article.
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the password you set for the router. For details, please refer to How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router?
2. Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section.
3. Create a guest network as needed.
1) Tick the Enable Guest Network checkbox.
2) Customize the SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests to manually input the SSID for guest network access.
3) Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal, keep the default Version and Encryption values, and customize your own password.
4. Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set!
To customize guest network:
1. Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Settings section.
2. Customize guest network options as needed.
• Allow Guests to Access Each Other
Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with each other via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
• Allow Guests to Access My Local Network
Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to communicate with the devices connected to your router’s LAN ports or main network via methods such as network neighbors and Ping.
• Allow Guests to Access My USB Storage Sharing
Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the wireless clients on your guest network to access your files on the USB disk connected to your router.
• Enable guest network bandwidth control
Tick this checkbox if you want to apply the Bandwidth Control settings to the wireless devices on your guest network.
3. Click Save. Now you can ensure network security and privacy!
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.