How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
Access Point mode aims to extend the existing wired network and expand the wireless coverage for a home network. At this time, the Deco system will not create its own subnet but purely transfer data between the root router and the clients.
- Always keep the Deco’s firmware up-to-date to use AP mode. If you’re not sure, just tap the Settings icon at the bottom right corner, then tap Update Deco for a check.
- Please make sure you have installed the latest Deco app version to use AP mode:
For Android: 1.2.5 or later version
For iOS: 1.2.9 or later version
- In AP mode, the Deco system will not act as a DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the clients. Please make sure you have enabled the DHCP server function on the root router.
- In AP mode, since all the clients are managed by the root router, some advanced features will not be available on the Deco app, including Antivirus, Parental Controls, Port Forwarding, Address Reservation, TP-Link DDNS, etc.
- Ethernet Backhaul will still take effect in AP mode.
Step 1 Launch the Deco app, tap the Settings icon at the bottom right corner, then tap Advanced.
Step 2 Tap Working Mode, then choose Access Point mode. The app will indicate to reboot the router, tap OK.
Step 3 Wait for about 2 minutes until the LED light recovers to solid green, then the Deco system should work in AP mode.
In AP mode, you’re able to change some basic settings on the Deco app including Wireless Settings, LED Control, etc.
In addition, you can also tap Advanced -> Working Mode to switch back to Router mode.
Your feedback helps improve this site.