How to use Pi-Hole DNS Server on TP-Link routers
If you want to use the Pi-Hole DNS on the TP-Link router to block ads on your devices, please refer to the instructions below.
Situation 1: Set up Pi-Hole DNS on the wireless router.
Here we take Archer A7 as an example.
- Log in to the web UI of the Archer A7.
- Click on Advanced > Network > DHCP server > Enter the Pi-Hole DNS in the Primary DNS blank > Click on Save to save the changes> Click on Reboot so that your devices will reconnect to the TP-Link router's network and start to use the Pi-Hole DNS.
Situation 2: Set up Pi-Hole DNS on Deco.
1. Have the latest Deco app installed on your mobile phone.
2. Make sure the mobile phone is connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network.
3. Close the Deco App if it is already running in the background.
4. Re-launch the Deco App.
NOTE: Only when your mobile phone is connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network and your account is the owner's account, you can change its DNS settings through the Deco app. Force the Deco app to close in the background and re-launch it aims to clear the app cache.
Here we take Deco M5 as an example.
- Log in to the Deco app with your TP-Link account, and then go to More > Advanced > DHCP server page.
- Enter the Pi-Hole DNS in the Primary DNS blank, and click on Save. Then reboot the main Deco and the Pi-Hole DNS will take effect on the Deco network.
Bu SSS faydalı mı?
Your feedback helps improve this site.