Troubleshooting Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices
There are different situations in relation to the slow speed issue, please refer to the steps below to locate the problem and troubleshoot it according to the corresponding suggestions.
1. Things you should be aware of before testing speed:
- Make sure every Deco unit is properly placed, DO NOT put them into closets, TV cabinets, or any kind of enclosed space. Put them in an open space if you can.
- If you are using a wired PC to test speed, please make sure all the Ethernet cables and PC support 1Gbps (Gigabit) connection. (Ignore this if your broadband is slower than 100Mbps)
The speed won't be more than 100Mbps If the Ethernet port is marked as a 100Mbps port. You may check the information on the Specifications of the TP-Link website or your box.
- If you are using a wireless device to test speed, ensure the wireless device supports 5GHz and is capable of reaching high speed. Some older laptops' Wireless Network Adapters are not able to reach high enough speeds.
- Speed test in "Deco>>>Network>>>Test Internet Speed" measures the maximum speed of the main Deco, it doesn't mean all devices connected to Deco could reach that speed.
- The Speed test in Deco Lab, if available, measures your cellphone's real-time speed, the results of this speed test should be the same as the Speed test App from Ookla.
2. Methods and Steps to verify speed:
- Use the Ookla Speedtest App or https://www.speedtest.net to measure Internet speed.
- Verify maximum broadband speed by connecting a Gigabit PC directly to the ISP Modem first.
- Verify the wired speed into the Main Deco after verifying the ISP Modem's maximum speed.
- Disconnect every wireless device if you are trying to measure the maximum wireless speed of Deco units, if multiple wireless devices are using the Wi-Fi network at the same time, speed test results might not be satisfying.
- Always reconnect Wi-Fi on your cellphones/laptops every time you perform a speed test; some wireless devices may not support mesh and connect to the wrong Deco node, causing a speed decrease.
For slow speed on main Deco, please refer to this link for troubleshooting.
For slow speed on satellite Deco, please refer to this link for troubleshooting.
Sill believes that the speed you are getting from the Deco system is less than expected.
Please Contact Us with information about your setup and testing, such as your speed test results, your ISP, the speed test servers used, your Deco network topology, speed test devices, etc.
You may obtain the information of your PC’s network adapter from here: (For Windows PC only)
- Press WIN+R on the keyboard, type in “cmd” and enter, you will see a small black window(console).
- In the small black window, type in “ipconfig /all” and press enter, the information about your network adapters will be printed to the console.
- Please copy the whole content of this window while contacting us directly, as this information would be more helpful when troubleshooting this issue.
Bu SSS faydalı mı?
Your feedback helps improve this site.