What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my Tapo camera?
Note: The micro SD card is not included with the purchase of the camera. You need to purchase one yourself.
The Tapo camera or cloud camera supports micro-SD cards with up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted to the FAT32 file system. Please format the SD card on the Tapo app before starting using it.
Users may not always be able to get the SD card work properly on the camera due to some interference. This FAQ will tell you what to do if you encounter issues.
You may encounter the following problems:
- The SD card cannot be identified/recognized or it may show 'problem with SD card'.
- Cannot format/initialize the SD card successfully on the Tapo app.
Here come some suggestions.
Note: Ensure your camera firmware and app version are up-to-date before you try the suggestions.
- Insert the SD card into a computer with an SD card reader. Check if the SD card can be recognized by the computer and test the card with third-party software such as DiskGenius to ensure the SD card is good. Here is more suggestion to verify an SD card. Please follow the suggestion here to repair and format it first.
If the SD card cannot be recognized by the computer at all or it is tested to be fake or bad (with errors), it may be damaged and it’s suggested to use a new one.
If the SD card could be recognized by the computer, please try to format it to FAT32 on the computer. After that, insert the SD card into the camera again for a check.
- Turn off the camera, remove and re-insert the SD card several times. Then turn on the camera and check if the SD card could be recognized.
- Move the camera closer to the host router and ensure it has a good and stable connection.
- Try other SD cards in the camera.
Please contact TP-Link technical support with the following information if you still encounter issues with the SD card after the above suggestions.
1) The brand & model of the SD card, as well as its storage capacity and format type;
2) Your TP-Link ID or cloud account;
3) The model number of the camera and its MAC address;
4) Whether you have tried all the suggestions listed above or not. If yes, what are the results?
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Twoja opinia pozwoli nam udoskonalić tę stronę.