How to Upgrade the Firmware on TP-Link Tri-Band Gaming Router
TP-Link aims at providing better network experience for users. We will inform you through the web management page if there’s any update firmware available for your router. Also, the latest firmware will be released at the TP-Link official website www.tp-link.com, and you can download it from the Support page for free.
Make sure you remove all attached USB devices from the router before the firmware upgrade to prevent data loss.
Backup your router configuration before firmware upgrade.
Do NOT turn off the router during the firmware upgrade.
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the router.
2. When the latest firmware is available for your router, the upgrade icon will display in the top-right corner of the page. Click the icon to go to the Firmware Upgrade page.
Alternatively, you can go to Advanced> System >Firmware Upgrade, and click CHECK FOR UPGRADES to see whether the latest firmware is released.
3. Focus on the Online Upgrade section, and click UPGRADE.
4. Wait a few minutes for the upgrade and reboot to complete.
Tips: If there’s a new and important firmware update for your router, you will see the notification (similar as shown below) on your computer as long as a web browser is opened. Click UPGRADE, and log into the web management page with the username and password you set for the router. You will see the Firmware Upgrade page.
1. Download the latest firmware file for the router from www.tp-link.com.
2. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the router.
3. Go to Advanced> System >Firmware Upgrade.
4. Focus on the Local Upgrade section. Click BROWSE to locate the downloaded new firmware file, and click UPGRADE.
Wait a few minutes for the upgrade and reboot to complete.
Note: If you fail to upgrade the firmware for the router, please contact our Technical Support.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.