How to set up my TD-W8960N for TPG IPTV
Before you begin, please note:
1. The TPG IPTV Trial service is currently only available to customers using ADSL2+ at TPG IPTV enabled exchanges.
Please go to http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/exchange.php to check whether your exchange has IPTV service enabled.
2. The computer which you wish to watch IPTV from must be connected by wired(ethernet) connection.
Configuration for IPTV:
1. Open your browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, then press "Enter" .
2. Enter the username and password of your modem. By default it will be Username: "admin" and Password: "admin" or if you have changed this, please enter the new username and password.
3. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "WAN Service" , check the “Remove” checkbox on “ppp0” and click “Remove” button;
4. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "Layer2 Interface – ATM Interface" , remove the interface with VPI 8 / VCI 35;
Click “Add” button to re-add an EoA connection with VPI 8 / VCI 35, do check the “Enable Quality of Service” checkbox and click “Apply/Save” button;
5. Click on "Advanced Setup" on the left side and click on "WAN Service" , click “Add” button to create a PPPoE connection with “Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy” checkbox checked, then click Next button and finish the settings.
6. Go to “Advanced Setup – WAN service”, remove the interface atm2 br_0_0_35 , if you don't have this item, please skip to next step.
7. Go to “Layer2 Interface – ATM Interface” remove the interface with VPI 0 / VCI 35 , at last click the “Add” button to create a “EoA” connection and do check the “Enable Quality of Service” checkbox and click “Apply/Save” button;
8. Go to “Advanced Setup – WAN service”, click “Add” button to create a “Bridging” connection for atm2_0_35 , change the description to “IPTV” , click “Next” and finish the rest settings;
9. Double check all the settings in “ATM Interface” and “WAN Service”:
QoS of ATM Interfaces (8/35 and 0/35) are enabled;
IGMP of PPPoE_0_8_35 is Enabled:
10. Go to “Management – Reboot” to click the "Reboot" button.
11. After the reboot, please go to https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/register/iptv.php to register for your Free TPG IPTV account. You must then follow the step-by-step guide to finish the on-line installation. If you require assistance with this, please contact TPG Technical Support on 1300 360 855.
1. The username and password are usually the same as your ADSL account;
2. You need to download and install the VLC software from http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/download.php, this is an important step for IPTV settings;
3. In the "modem setup instruction" page, please choose "Other Modem";
5. Once you have registered and configured your modem, you can begin viewing the TPG IPTV service. Please visit the TPG IPTV website at http://www.tpg.com.au/iptv , then log in with your username and password and enjoy your Free TPG IPTV service.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.