What should I do if VIGI camera is not found?
This article is to solve the problem that VIGI camera is not found. Please check the steps below:
Step 1. Confirm that the camera is powered up.
The camera should be powered up via 12V DC adapter or PoE (802.3af/at). The IR LED will turn on for 20 seconds once the camera is powered on.
- Cover the day/night sensor on the camera. If the IR LED is lit up, it indicates the camera is powered up.
- Some routers or switches have an LED indicating whether the port is connected. You can check the LED status of the network device your camera is connected to.
- Cut off the power of the camera and power up the camera again. If the IR LED is lit up, it indicates the camera is powered up properly.
Step 2. Confirm that the camera is connected to your network properly.
The camera should be connected to network devices via Ethernet cable.
- Connect other clients to the same port using the same Ethernet cable to verify the port and the cable is working.
- Change a different (shorter) Ethernet cable and port on the router.
Step 3. Make sure your device is on the same network as the camera.
- If you use VIGI Security Manager to discover device, make sure your computer is on the same network as the camera.
- If you use VIGI NVR to discover device, make sure your NVR is on the same network as the camera.
- If you use VIGI App to discover device, make sure your phone is on the same network as the camera and VPN is not enabled on your phone.
- Mare sure there is no AP isolation or vlan isolation in your network.
Step 4. Reboot your network devices including router and refresh to discover your cameras again.
Step 5. Try other methods to discover devices.
You can try to discover devices via VIGI Security Manager, VIGI NVR or VIGI App.
If the camera is still not found, please contact TP-Link support for help with all the above troubleshooting results.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.