Download for TL-WA801N
- Product Overview
How to set up your Desktop AP in Access Point mode (Default)
In Access Point mode, the access point transforms your existing wired network to a wireless one. This mode is suitable for dorm rooms or homes where there’s already a wired router but you need a wireless network.More Fold
How to set up your Desktop AP in Multi-SSID mode
In Multi-SSID mode, the access point creates multiple wireless networks to provide different security and VLAN groups. This mode is suitable when you want your devices connected to different wireless networks and become isolated by VLANs.More Fold
How to set up your Desktop AP in Client mode
In Client mode, the access point connects your wired devices to a wireless network. This mode is suitable when you have a wired device with an Ethernet port and no wireless capability, for example, a smart TV, media player, or game console and you want to connect it to the internet wirelessly.More Fold
How to set up your Desktop AP in Range Extender mode
In Range Extender mode, the access point extends the range of an existing Wi-Fi network. This mode is suitable when you are in a Wi-Fi dead-zone or a place with weak wireless signal, and you want to have a larger effective range of the wireless signal throughout your home or office.More Fold
- What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Access Point?
- How to log in the web-based management interface of Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
- How to configure Multi-SSID mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
- How to configure Client mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
- How to configure Bridge with AP mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
- How to configure Repeater mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
- How to configure Access Point mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2020-04-08||Language: English||File Size: 3.95 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
|Published Date: 2019-12-04||Language: English||File Size: 3.95 MB|
First firmware released for TL-WA801N(EU) V6.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.