Switches for Surveillance
Switches for Business WiFi
Wireless Networking for Elevators
Omada Software Controller
Omada Cloud-Based Controller
VIGI Security Manager
Omada Cloud Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices, including access points, switches and gateways, providing 100% centralized cloud management. Omada creates a highly scalable network—all controlled from a single interface. Seamless wireless and wired connections are provided, ideal for use in hospitality, education, retail, offices, and more.
Omada WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
Need to deploy stable Wi-Fi in high-density environment? Try Omada Wi-Fi 6 technology!
Omada Wi-Fi 6 access points greatly improve experiences in high-density environments, and provides faster speed and greater range for more devices.
WPA3, the Newest Security Protocol
Want to enhance the network security in public WiFi and home WiFi? Try TP-Link WPA3 technology!
To maximum the safety of enterprise and your home WiFi, TP-Link is inserting WPA3, the latest encryption technology, into Omada access points, WiFi routers, range extenders, and more devices.
Pharos Long-Range Wireless
Need to transmit network to long range or remote areas? Try Pharos wireless solution!
Pharos is TP-Link's next-generation outdoor product series, providing long-range outdoor wireless networking solutions for applications such as WISP, Enterprise Bridge (P2P), and Wireless Surveillance (PtMP).
Worried about buffering when using outdoor wireless broadband? Try TP-Link MAXtream technology!
MAXtream, the breakthrough TDMA technology, makes outdoor AP smoother and produces more efficient communications.
Facing the annoying latency when multiple devices connected? Try TP-Link MU-MIMO technology!
MU-MIMO solves this problem by creating multiple simultaneous connections to serve several users with multiple data streams at the same time.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Need to deploy your surveillance cameras in your farm? Try TP-Link PoE technology to transmit power and data through one single Ethernet cable.
LiteWave Unmanaged Switches
Need to work at home or expand your wired connections? Try TP-Link LiteWave Switches!
The TP-Link LiteWave Unmanaged Switches provide the simplest and most affordable way to expand your wired network. Just plug and play!
JetStream 10G Smart Switches
Provide high levels of performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness that SMBs require from their 10G networking solutions.
Training & Certification
Learn MoreStart Training
Find the Stories
Replacement & Warranty
GPL Code Center
>How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
The EAP Controller is used to manage multiple EAPs intensively.
If you are planning to upgrade to this version from an old Controller (V3.2.17 or below), please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading the controller.
User Application RequirementConfiguration GuideFurther AssistanceTroubleshooting
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
TL-SG2008P(UN)_V1.6_1.0.7 Build 20221130
New Features & Enhancements:
Fully adapted to Omada Controller v5.6, with the following features supported:
1. Jumbo Frame;
3. Flow Control (802.3x);
4. Loopback Detection VLAN-Based;
5. LACP (802.3ad);
6. DHCP L2 Relay;
7. Time-Based ACL;
8. MAC address format customization for 802.1X.
1. Fixed the bug that frequent topology changes of MSTP may cause the switch to crash.
2. Fixed the bug of slowly increasing memory usage.
1. For TL-SG2008P(UN) V1 and V1.6
2. This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.6 and above.
TL-SG2008P(UN)_V1.6_1.0.5 Build 20220909
It is recommended to reboot the switch before upgrading, especially if the memory usage exceeds 60%.
New Features & Enhancements:
1. Added support for RA Guard feature.
2. Added Log and SNMP Trap for IPv6 DHCP Filter.
3. Added support for customizing DHCP Options.
4. Increased the number of VLAN Interfaces to 32.
5. Added support for up to 256 VLAN in Omada SDN Controller mode, which requires version 5.3 and above.
6. Fixed the bug of incorrect traffic statistics.
7. Fixed some issues to enhance security.
8. Fixed the bug that the switch may fail in controller mode after upgrading the previous firmware version, which has been withdrawn.
1. For TL-SG2008P(UN) v1.6
2. This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.3 and above.
This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN platform but only compatible with Omada controller v4.3.5 or above.
If you are using an old Omada controller and plan to upgrade firmware for EAP, then you must upgrade the Omada controller as well. Please follow Upgrade Guide to upgrade the Omada Controller.
1. Fully adapt to Omada SDN Controller 4.3.5.
2. Improved the stability of the Layer-3 interface.
3. Fixed the bug of invalid traffic statistics.
4. Fixed the bug when forwarding bi-directional traffic with specific applications.
1. This firmware is applied to Omada APP of version 3.0.x or above.
2. Please upgrade the switch to the middle firmware Build 20210407 first before upgrading to this firmware or a later one.
1. Add the L3 features DHCP Service, L3 interface, and Static routing.
2. Add ethertype value for switch ACL (Controller mode).
3. Add Switch Status in the Insight list (Controller mode).
4. Optimize the configuration logic for Switch STP and loopback detection function (Controller mode).
5. Add PoE utilization card in the Dashboard (Controller mode).
6. Add switch S/N information at Devices-Details-Overview (Controller mode).
7. Fully adapt to Omada SDN controller 4.3.5
This firmware is only compatible with Omada controller v4.1.5 or above.
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.
accepted_local_switcher, tp_privacy_base, tp_privacy_marketing, tp_smb-select-product_scence, tp_smb-select-product_scenceSimple, tp_smb-select-product_userChoice, tp_smb-select-product_userChoiceSimple, tp_smb-select-product_userInfo, tp_smb-select-product_userInfoSimple, tp_top-banner, tp_popup-bottom, tp_popup-center, tp_popup-right-middle, tp_popup-right-bottom
__livechat, __lc2_cid, __lc2_cst, __lc_cid, __lc_cst, CASID
id, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, LOGIN_INFO, SIDCC, SAPISID, APISID, SSID, SID, YSC, __Secure-1PSID, __Secure-1PAPISID, __Secure-1PSIDCC, __Secure-3PSID, __Secure-3PAPISID, __Secure-3PSIDCC, 1P_JAR, AEC, NID, OTZ
Analysis and Marketing Cookies
Analysis cookies enable us to analyze your activities on our website in order to improve and adapt the functionality of our website.
The marketing cookies can be set through our website by our advertising partners in order to create a profile of your interests and to show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager & Google Optimize
_gid, _ga_<container-id>, _ga, _gat_gtag_<container-id>
Google Ads & DoubleClick
cebsp_, _ce.s, _ce.clock_data, _ce.clock_event, cebs
OptanonConsent, _sctr, _cs_s, _hjFirstSeen, _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress, _hjSessionUser_14, _fbp, ajs_anonymous_id, _hjSessionUser_<hotjar-id>, _uetsid, _schn, _uetvid, NEXT_LOCALE, _hjSession_14, _hjid, _cs_c, _scid, _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress, _cs_id, _gcl_au, _ga, _gid, _hjIncludedInPageviewSample, _hjSession_<hotjar-id>, _hjIncludedInSessionSample_<hotjar-id>
lidc, AnalyticsSyncHistory, UserMatchHistory, bcookie, li_sugr, ln_or