What can I do if I can’t find my Tapo camera on Tapo APP?
1. Check the System light of your camera and make sure it is solid green. Have a check on the DHCP client list of your router whether you can see the camera. If you cannot see it, please directly go to step 4.
2. Please kindly verify if there are any special symbols in your Tapo account password, if there is, try to remove it and make the account password simpler, then reset and add the camera from the beginning again.
3. Connect your smart phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your camera does and check whether you can see it on the Tapo app. If you can see it, that means the camera fails to connect to the cloud for unknown reasons and you cannot access it remotely.
In this case, we recommend to turn off the firewall of your router and then reset & re-configure the camera. If you still cannot see it, make sure you have logged in with the correct account which you used to configure the camera. And then please go to step 4.
4. Please flip the monitor of the camera and find the Reset button. Then press and hold the Reset button for seconds till the camera says “reset successful”.
5. Check the DHCP Server of your router and make sure it is enabled. And then re-configure your camera.
Your feedback helps improve this site.