Fail to setup main Deco
You may encounter one of the following problems, or error code appears during basic configuration of main Deco, when you have the problems, please refer to the below suggestions to do some troubleshooting.
LED on the main Deco is abnormal
1. LED is not pulsing blue
Find the RESET button at the bottom of the Deco, press it for one second and then release, the LED on the main Deco will turn yellow, then wait for 2 minutes till the LED turn pulsing blue.
2. LED is off
Change power adapter and power socket to have a try. It could be an issue of the Deco unit, the power adapter or the power socket.
Get stuck on “Looking for deco (Bluetooth)”
Error code: We couldn’t find deco
1. Disable Bluetooth and then enable it again on the mobile phone. If there is a Bluetooth device connected to the phone, please disconnect it temporarily.
2. Force the app to close (do not let deco app run in the background), and then launch the app to configure the main Deco again.
3. Use another Deco unit as the main Deco; use a different phone if possible.
Get stuck on “Detecting Internet Connection Type”
Error Code: It Looks like Deco is not properly connected.
1. Confirm the wired connection between the main Deco and the modem is fine.
2. Use a different Ethernet cable to connect modem and main Deco, change the LAN ports on the modem for a try.
Get stuck on “Creating Wi-Fi network”
Error Code: Failed to create Wi-Fi network
Check the LED status on the main Deco, if the LED is solid green, it means the Deco has been setup successfully.
You can force the Deco app to close, go to the Settings -> Wi-Fi page of the phone to connect the new Wi-Fi network, and then you can enjoy the Deco’s network.
Get stuck on “Connect to your Wi-Fi network”
Error Code: Failed to connect to XXXX (new Wi-Fi name)
Check whether the phone has a VPN program running or not. If yes, please disable the VPN program, and then tap “Try Again” in Deco app.
Get stuck on “Test Internet Connection”
Error Code: Unable to connect to the Internet
1. Tap “Skip This Step” on the bottom of the error page, on the Deco app, click on More->Advanced->IPv4, check the WAN IP address of the Deco and change the DNS server to 188.8.131.52 for a try. Here is the instruction.
2. Connect a computer to the modem directly, check whether the computer has internet access, if there is no internet access on the computer, it’s suggested to contact ISP.
If the computer has internet access, use the same Ethernet cable and the same port on the modem connect to the main Deco, then check whether the Deco will work or not.
3. If you have an old router, connect your network devices as modem-old router-main Deco, then setup the main Deco. After the main Deco is configured successfully, connect the main Deco to the modem directly and enjoy the internet with Deco.
If above suggestions can’t solve your problem, it’s suggested to contact TP-Link support.
Twoja opinia pozwoli nam udoskonalić tę stronę.