How to Configure Guest Network on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?
This function allows you to provide Wi-Fi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can assign network authorities and bandwidth for guests to ensure network security, privacy, and fluency.
Note: Archer VR2600 is used for demonstration in this article.
Step 1: Please login the web management page of the modem. Please refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?
Step 2: Create a Network for Guests
Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Wireless section. Create a 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest network according to your needs.
- Enable 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest network.
- Set an easy-to-identify SSID. Don‘t select Hide SSID unless you want your guests and other people to manually input this SSID for Wi-Fi access.
- Set Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal, keep the default Version and Encryption values, and set an easy-to-remember password.
- Click Save. Now your guests can access your guest network using the SSID and password you set.
Step 3: Customize Guest Network Options.
Go to Advanced > Guest Network. Locate the Settings section.
Assign network authorities and bandwidth according to your needs.
Note: Some modem routers may not offer some of these guest network options.
• Allow guests to see each other
Select this check box to allow the clients in your guest network to access each other.
• Allow guests to access my local network (VR200v doesn't have this feature)
Select this check box to allow the clients in your guest network to access your local network, not just Internet access.
• Allow guests to access my USB storage sharing
Select this check box to allow the clients in your guest network to access your router’s USB storage sharing.
• Enable guest network bandwidth control
Select this check box to assign the upstream and downstream bandwidth of the guest network. This option is available only when Bandwidth Control is enabled on the Advanced > Bandwidth Control page.
Click Save. Now users in your guest network can enjoy only the network authorities and bandwidth you assigned!
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.