How to Configure Management VLAN on Pharos Series Products
What is Management VLAN?
Management VLAN is used to provide a safe way for users to manage the Pharos products. With Management VLAN enabled, only the hosts in the specified VLAN can access the Pharos device’s management interface and manage the device.
Because most hosts cannot process VLAN tags, it is necessary to connect the management hosts to the network via a device that supports 802.1Q VLAN.
How Do I Configure Management VLAN?
The management PC is connected to the CPE via a switch. The Management VLAN is VLAN 3. The following topology is used as an example.
- On the CPE, enable Management VLAN and specify the VLAN ID.
- On the Switch, create a VLAN with Management VLAN ID. Specify the port that is connected to the PC as untagged port and add it to the VLAN. Specify the port that is connected to the CPE as tagged port and add it to the VLAN. Specify the PVID of the port that is connected to the PC as Management VLAN ID.
Before the following configuration, make sure that the management interfaces of the CPE and the switch are accessible for the PC.
- Log in to the management interface of the CPE.
- Go to Network. In the Management VLAN Interface section, enable Management Interface, and specify the VLAN ID as 3. Click Apply.
- Log in to the management interface of the switch.
- Go to L2 FEATURES > VLAN > 802.1Q VLAN >VLAN Config.
- Click Add. Specify the VLAN ID as 3, then add untagged port 1 and tagged port 2 to VLAN 3. Click Create.
- Go to L2 FEATURES > VLAN > 802.1Q VLAN >Port Config.
- Select port 1 and specify the PVID as 3. Click Apply.
- Click Save to save the configuration of the switch.
- Log in to the management interface of the CPE, then click Save on the top of the page to save the configuration of the CPE.
Bu SSS faydalı mı?
Your feedback helps improve this site.