How to install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 on your Windows computer?
This article will guide you to install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 on your Windows computer.
Step 1. Download and Install JRE 1.8.
- Go to the Java™ website to download the installer of JRE 1.8:
- Click Agree and Start Free Download to download.
- Double click the installation file to start to install JRE 1.8.
Click the Install button then wait until installation finish.
Step 2. Ensure You’ve Installed JRE 1.8 Successfully
- Press the Windows logo key and R key on the keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “cmd” and press the Enter key to open the CMD window.
- Run the command “java –version”. If you’ve installed any version of JRE, the result will show the current Java version.
Your feedback helps improve this site.