What should I do when the Omada Controller (V4) fails to adopt the devices?
This document is suitable for Omada Controller V4.1.5 or above. For other Omada Controller versions, please refer to FAQ2513.
Omada Software Controller/Hardware Controller is used to centrally manage Omada EAP products. When the Omada EAP is first discovered by the controller, it will show on the Devices page of Omada Controller/ Hardware Controller and show pending status first. Then we can click Adopt button to adopt the Omada EAP.
Here are some common errors and fixed solutions when Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller fails to adopt Omada EAPs. And the computer with controller software installed is suggested to be connected to Router/Modem via cable, since the wireless connection is not stable, it may cause some management issues.
1. Error: The Username or Password is incorrect
The default username/Password of Omada EAP is admin/admin.
1) If the EAP worked in the standalone mode before, then the Username/Password will be the login account of the web management page. (You can click the Retry button and enter the Username/Password manually.)
2) If the EAP was managed by Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller before, the Username/Password will be the device account of Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller. (You can check the device account at Settings->Site->Device Account on Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller.)
If these solutions do not work, you can reset the EAP (the username/password will be the default) and try to adopt it again.
2. Error: Controller doesn’t get a response from the EAP
It means that the communication between EAP and Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller is blocked.
1) Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller communicates with Omada EAP via TCP/UDP port 29810-29814. Some anti-virus programs or firewalls may block this kind of packet. You can disable the anti-virus or firewalls (on the PC that the Omada Software Controller is installed) in your network first for checking. And you need to open TCP/UDP port 29810-29814 in the anti-virus/firewalls.
2) To make sure the Omada EAP is accessible, please ping the IP address of EAP on the PC that the Omada Software Controller is installed.
3) If you have VLAN settings in your network, please make sure the EAP and Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller belong to the same VLAN.
4) If you are adopting this EAP across the internet or different subnets, please refer to the FAQs below:
*How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada controller (via EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
* How to manage EAPs at different places across internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding and EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
3. Error: Device to be adopted doesn’t exist
1) Web page may be aging. Please refresh the management page of Omada Software Controller/ Hardware Controller and try again.
2) There may be some compatibility problems between the browser and Controller. Try to upgrade the web browser or change another browser for checking.
4. Error: Adopting... Please wait.
It means that the controller is in the process of adopting. Please be patient and wait for a few minutes.
5. Error: This site does not exist
It means that the site where the device is located does not exist.
1) Please refresh the page and make sure the device is displayed in the device list to try again.
2) If the device disappears after refresh the page, please refer to FAQ2980.
6. Error: Restoring...Please wait.
It means that the controller is performing a restore.
1) Please wait for a few minutes, and then refresh the device list.
2) If the device you want to adopt is still in the device list, but the status shows pending/adopt failed/ manager by others, please click the Retry button to adopt it again with your former username and password before the restoring. If you still fail to adopt it, please reset the EAP and adopt it again.
7. Error: Failed to adopt incompatible devices
If you see this error, please check the Compatibility List to confirm if your EAP is compatible with your current controller.
If your EAP is in the compatibility list, please follow the Upgrade Guide to update its firmware.
8. Error: Failed to adopt this device because its state is not pending
The device is not ready to be adopted. Maybe the device status has not been refreshed yet. Just wait patiently. This scenario is rarely seen.
What should I do when the Omada Software Controller (V4) fails to discover the devices?
How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada controller (via EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
How to manage EAPs at different places across the internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding and EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.