How to successfully open Omada Discovery Utility?
Starting with Omada Controller 3.1.13, the Discovery Utility will no longer be installed in sync with the Omada Controller. This document will introduce how to install the new version of Discovery Utility on a windows computer and MacOS computer.
Step1. Install JRE 8.0 on computer
1. The new version of Discovery Utility needs to run in the JRE 8.0 environment. So before you run this software, please install JRE 8.0 first. And you can refer to the JRE official website to download: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
2. As shown below, after clicking the download link, you will enter the JRE 8.0 download interface. Please choose the right JRE 8.0 version for your computer when download. For example, if the PC you used is windows64, so let’s download jdk-8u211-windows-x64.exe.
3. After downloading, like the following figures show, if your computer is a Windows 64bit PC, you will get an exe file jdk-8u211-windows-x64.exe; if your computer is an iMac OS PC, you will get a dmg file jdk-8u211-macosx-x64.dmg.
Figure : The exe file jdk-8u211-windows-x64.exe
Figure : The dmg file jdk-8u211-macosx-x64.dmg
4. Click the file to install JDK:
If your computer is a Windows PC, after clicking the exe file, you will see the page as shown in the following figure, then click “Next” to complete the installation.
If your computer is an iMac OS PC, after clicking the dmg file, as shown in the following figure, you will get the pkg file, then click the pkg file to go to the installation page.
Step2. Open Omada discover Utility
After installing the JDK on the computer, then you can successfully open the Omada discover Utility 3.1.13 software.
1. After downloading the Omada discover Utility 3.1.13 software from the official website, you will get a zip file, extract the zip file; there will be three files --- logs File folder, omada-discover-utility-3.1.13.jar file and start-omada discover utility.bat file as shown below.
For Windows computer, after extracting the zip file, you will see the three files as below:
For iMac OS computer, after extracting the zip file, you will see the three files as below:
2. If your computer is Windows, you can directly double click the Jar file omada-discover-utility-3.1.13.jar to run the software.
If your computer is iMac OS, you have two methods to run the omada discover utility software:
(1) Double click the Jar file omada-discover-utility-3.1.13.jar
(2) Run the command “ java –jar **.jar” to run the software on iMac OS like the following figure shows. (Note: **.jar is the name of this software)
Then you will successfully run the Omada discover utility software on your computer as shown below.
Successfully run software on the Windows computer:
Successfully run software on the iMac OS computer:
Congratulations on successfully opening the Omada Discovery Utility 3.1.13!
Your feedback helps improve this site.