How to create a Cloud Account for my TP-Link Smart Devices in Kasa to allow Kasa to control it remotely?
Here takes Smart Plug as demonstration.
With Kasa app, we can not only manage our TP-Link Smart Plug locally but also manage/monitor it remotely when we’re not at home.
If you need the Remote Access to your smart plug via Kasa or make it work with Amazon Echo, please enable “Remote Control” first and register/login with a TP-Link Cloud account.
As we introduced in previous FAQ: How to connect my TP-Link Smart Plug to my home network via Kasa?
We can register a TP-Link Cloud account and enable “Remote Control” in Step 1.
Moreover, we can enable or disable “Remote Control” with the method below:
If it’s the first time you configure your TP-Link Smart Plug via Kasa:
Please follow this FAQ to connect your TP-Link Smart Plug to home network via Kasa:
Open Kasa in your smart phone,
1. If you don’t have an account, please sign up with your e-mail address.
Click “CREATE ACCOUNT”, enter an e-mail address such as gmail and create a password, then you’ll receive an activation e-mail from Tplink cloud server. Please click the link in the e-mail to complete your TP-Link Cloud account registration. After that, you can use this account to log in Kasa and manage your Smart Plug even when you’re not at home.
If you don’t receive the email for registration, please refer to What should I do if I don’t receive the email when I register cloud account or reset my password
2. If you already have an account, please click “Log in” and login with your account.
If you have configured your Smart Plug via Kasa:
If you have configured your Smart Plug via Kasa but you didn’t create the TP-Link cloud account in your previous configuration.
1. Open Kasa in your smart phone, click the icon near the “Home”.
2. Then you’ll see “Log in or Create Account”, please click it to continue.
3. Here you can see the screenshots in the left, click “Create Account” to register a new cloud account to manage your Smart Plug.
4. You’ll receive an activation e-mail after you input your e-mail address/password and click “CREATE ACCOUNT”. Please click the link in the e-mail to complete your TP-Link Cloud account registration.
After that, you can use this account to log in Kasa and manage your Smart Plug even when you’re not at home.
Note: If the activation-email link expired or it said your account has been activated but you cannot log in, please go to our cloud website to register again or log in.
Your feedback helps improve this site.