How to configure High Speed Mode in my dual band Range Extender (new-designed blue UI)
Note: Here we just take RE450 as an example.
There is no independent settings in RE450 to set High Speed Mode but we still have a simple method to set this function.
As we know, there are two High Speed modes:
Connect to the main router on the 2.4GHz band and connect to your devices on the 5GHz band;
Connect to the main router on the 5GHz band and connect to your devices on the 2.4GHz band.
Here we take the first High Mode as an example to introduce how to configure High Speed Mode in RE450:
- Log into the Web GUI of RE450 using its domain name: tplinkrepeater.net or default IP: 192.168.0.254. Note: Please follow this FAQ to log into its Web GUI if you don’t know how to do: How to log into the Web GUI of my Range Extender via IP address or domain name? The default username and password are both “admin”. Click “Login” to log into the Web GUI of RE450.
- Go to Settings--Wireless--Connect to Network, click “Wireless Scanner” of 2.4G Network, select and connect to the wireless network. Also we need uncheck 5GHz Network to disable 5G connection to the router. Please click “Save” to save all the settings. With this settings, RE450 will only connect to the main router in 2.4GHz network.
- Go to Settings--Wireless--Extended Network, Enable “Extended 5GHz” and disable “Extended 2.4GHz”. Click “Save” to save all the settings. With this settings, RE450 will only broadcast 5GHz wireless network to its clients.
- According to Step2 and Step3, we have configured it successfully that: RE450 connects to the main router at 2.4G only and broadcast its wireless signal in 5G only!
- Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.