How do I install TP-Link Tri-Band Gaming router to work with a Cable Modem?
If you have a DSL modem and your ISP provides static IP address for you, please click here;
If you have a DSL modem and you need to dial up on the computer to get internet from the modem directly, please click here.
Please refer to the QIG in the packet to connect the hardware.
Note: please make sure you are able to access internet with a direct connection from the main computer to your cable modem. If the direct connection doesn’t work, please contact your Internet Service Provider.
If you are unable to access the internet please do the following:
Here takes Archer AX11000 as demonstration.
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the router.
2. Configure WAN Connection Type
Select Dynamic IP as the Internet Connection Type on the right of the web page, shown as below. Then click Save button.
3. Wait for a few minutes and check the Internet part on the Status page, if it shows any IP address, that means the connection between the Router and the Modem is established. If there is no IP address (IP address is 0.0.0.0), please move to step 4.
4. If there is still no IP address, please do the following:
1. Restart the router first, wait for about 10 seconds, and connect your end-device like computer, laptop to the router.
2. Power off the modem, and unscrew the coaxial cable
3. Power on the modem, Check LEDs on the Router, make certain WAN/Internet LED is on.
4. Reconnect the coaxial cable to the modem and check if you can access to the internet.
Note: Some cable modem has a back-up battery inside. To completely restart the cable modem, please take the battery out, and then unplug the power supply.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.