How do I connect my TP-Link Kasa Devices with Microsoft Cortana?
This FAQ provides step-by-step instructions for connecting your TP-Link Kasa account to your Microsoft Cortana digital assistant. This will enable easy voice control of your Kasa devices from anywhere using Cortana.
- Ensure Remote Control is enabled for all devices in your Kasa APP.
- Open the Kasa App and signed into your account. If you don’t have a Kasa account yet, please register for one. You can refer to FAQ-948 for help.
- Ensure your Kasa devices are connected to your secured 2.4GHz home Wi-Fi network and you can control them from your Kasa app.
- Please make sure all devices are working via Remote Control. If you don’t know how to enable remote control, please refer to FAQ-946 and FAQ-1233.
- Ensure the names of your Kasa devices are compatible with voice recognition
- Each device must have a unique name. Voice assistants can’t differentiate between duplicates.
- Device names should use recognizable words (avoid custom abbreviations or letter combinations).
- Avoid mixing numbers and letters as this sometimes confuses voice assistants.
CONNECTING KASA AND CORTANA
- Ensure the Connected Home feature within Cortana is enabled
- Tap ≡ menu icon from the top menu within the Cortana app
- Tap the Notebook icon from the menu list
- Select the Connected Home option from the menu
- Tap the Enable option from the Connected Home screen.
- Authenticate with Cortana using your Microsoft Account as required
- Enable the Kasa Skill in Cortana
- Tap on Kasa from the list of Connected Home Skills in the Cortana App
- Tap the Connect button on the Kasa Skill page
- Authorize the Kasa connection with Cortana
- After tapping Connect, you will be redirected to the Kasa Authentication screen
- Enter your Kasa account and password
- Tap Authorize button to connect.
- All done! Time to start using Cortana to control your Kasa devices with your voice.
- Try a few simple commands like “Cortana, turn on my _________ light.”
- For a list of supported Cortana lighting voice commands, visit the Cortana support.
Your feedback helps improve this site.