TP-Link® launches Deco M4 at Argos An affordable AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi solution with robust parental controls
Reading Berkshire, UK - 29th, Jan — TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced the launch of the Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System with a new appearance—Deco M4, the latest addition to the brand’s lineup of mesh solutions. Unlike the previous disc-shaped products (Deco M9 Plus, Deco P7 and Deco M5), Deco M4 is an affordable column-shaped product that provides the AC1200 whole home mesh Wi-Fi, which is ideal for medium sized houses. Multiple units work together to create a seamless home wireless network where phones and tablets automatically switch to the fastest Deco as you move through your home, creating a disconnection free environment.
Currently available as a two-unit multi-pack, the Deco M4 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi system will launch first in Argos.
Goodbye Wi-Fi Dead Zones
Deco M4 is comprised of two units that can be customized to fit Wi-Fi coverage needs to up to 2,800 square feet. With additional units, and compatabilty with Deco M5, Deco P7 and Deco M9 Plus, the Deco M4 system can be easily scaled up to accommodate even larger spaces.
Up to 100 Connected Devices
The dual-band AC1200 system is capable of throughput speeds of 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on the 5GHz band—and it supports MU-MIMO data streaming. Deco M4 utilizes Adaptive Path Selection (APS) to ensure the network is always operating at top speeds, quickly identifying and selecting the fastest path for devices to connect to the network. With network speeds three times faster than the previous generation routers, thanks to 802.11ac wireless technology, Deco can provide lag-free connections to up to 100 devices.
The Deco app walks you through the setup with clear directions and simple visuals, making it quick and easy. From the Deco app, you have total controll of your network, giving you the power to limit and monitor internet use and even pause the internet for an individual family member or the entire home.
Robust Parental Controls
Simple, intuitive parental controls allow you to manage and monitor who accesses which network services and for how long. Give each member of your family their own profile so you have control over how long children, for example, spend on line each day – even when you’re not home. Monthly usage reports are automatically sent to your phone to keep you apprised of activity on your network.
More Features Coming Soon
In the near future we will also include the following functionality:
- 1. IPTV function.
- 2. WPS
- 3. 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi band switches
- Maximum Speeds: 300Mbps on 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on 5GHz band. *
- Maximized Range: Seamless coverage up to 2,800 sq. ft. (two-pack). *
- Seamless Coverage: Wireless connections and optional Ethernet backhaul work together to link Deco units, providing even faster network speeds and truly seamless coverage.
- Expand Coverage: Add more Deco units to expand Wi-Fi coverage to match the size of your home.
- Simple Setup and Management: The Deco app (iOS and Android) makes network setup and management a breeze.
- More Devices: Supports connection of up to 100 devices. *
- Parental Controls: Block inappropriate websites, restrict time spent online, and get monthly reports.
- QoS: Prioritizes devices when necessary for the fastest connections.
- IPv6: Supports the latest Internet Protocol Version 6.
- 2 Gigabit Ports: Dual Wan/Lan functionality
- Extensive Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT and is compatible with all Deco models.
Founded in 1996, TP-Link is a global provider of reliable networking devices and accessories involved in all aspects of everyday life. The company is consistently ranked by analyst firm IDC as the No. 1 provider of WLAN products**, supplying distribution to more than 170 countries and serving billions of people worldwide.
With a proven heritage of stability, performance and value, TP-Link has curated a portfolio of products that meet the networking needs of all individuals. Now, as the connected lifestyle continues to evolve, the company is expanding today to exceed the demands of tomorrow.
*Maximum wireless signal rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual wireless data throughput and wireless coverage, and quantity of connected devices are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of network conditions, client limitations, and environmental factors, including building materials, obstacles, volume and density of traffic, and client location.
**According to IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q1 2018 Release.
For more information about TP-LINK, please visit us online at www.tp-link.com or follow us on:
-TP-LINK Forum: forum.tp-link.com