Omada Discovery Utility
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.1.13
|Published Date: 2019-06-14||Language: English||File Size: 23.54 MB|
Operating System: WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server2008/Server2012/Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
1. Fixed the bug that when the Discovery Utility issues Controller_IP to EAPs which are in factory status, Controller cannot batch manage the EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that sometimes the Discovery Utility cannot find all EAPs when running in MacOS.
1. This version of software can be used in both Windows and Mac operation system.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS(**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC.
How to Set Up the Whole Network of Gateway, Switches, and EAPs Using Omada SDN Controller
This video will demonstration how to do a full configuration with TP-Link Omada products including gateway, switches and EAPs. As an example, we are going to build the wired and wireless networks from scratch at our TP-Link Office. The setup consists of 7 steps: Step 1. Log in to the Controller Step 2. Adopt Devices Step 3. View Dashboard and Menus Step 4. Set up WAN Step 5. Set up LAN and VLANs Step 6. Set up Wi-Fi Step 7. Set up ACLMore Fold
How to setup the Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300) via web browser
This video will demonstrate how to set up OC200/OC300 via web browser. The setup consists of four steps: • Connect the controller to your local network. • Log in with your TP-Link ID. • Add the controller to your TP-Link ID. • Set up the controller THIS VIDEO APPLIES TO: • All TP-Link EAP models (except EAP120 and EAP220) • Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300) • Mass EAPs (usually more than three)More Fold
How to setup the Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300) via your mobile phone
This video will demonstrate how to set up OC200/OC300 via your mobile phone. The setup consists of four steps: • Connect the controller to your local network. • Log in with your TP-Link ID. • Add the controller to your TP-Link ID. • Set up the controller THIS VIDEO APPLIES TO: • All TP-Link EAP models (except EAP120 and EAP220) • Omada Hardware Controller (OC200/OC300) • Mass EAPs (usually more than three)More Fold
A Quick Overview of EAP Management Methods
This video introduces how to choose the optimum method to manage TP-Link EAPs in your scenario.
Here are 3 most common scenarios and their corresponding methods:
• Manage 1 or 2 EAPs locally
• Manage 3 or more EAPs locally
• Manage 3 or more EAPs remotely
When choosing the method, consider the following questions:
1. Standalone Mode or Controller Mode?
2. In Controller mode, what kind of controller will you use, an OC200 or a PC with Omada Software Controller?
3. What kind of user interface will you use, a web browser or the Omada app?
- Announcement on Discontinuation of Facebook Wi-Fi
- How to upgrade or downgrade the firmware of Omada Controller
- API and Code Sample for RADIUS Server with External Web Portal (Omada Controller 4.1.5 or above)
- How to get a backup file on Omada Hardware/Software/Cloud-Based Controller above V5.8
- How to use encrypted SMTP Server on Omada SDN Controller
- The differences and commons of three Omada Controllers
- Omada Cloud’s Domain Names
- CLI Configuration Guide for Omada SDN Controller (v5.9.9 and above)
- How to enable Cloud Access on Omada SDN controller
- API and Code Sample for External Portal Server (Omada Controller 5.0.15 or above)
- API and Code Sample for External Portal Server (Omada Controller 2.6.0 to 3.2.17)
- API and Code Sample for RADIUS Server with External Web Portal (Omada Controller 3.0.5 or below)
- Statement on Spring Framework RCE Vulnerability(For Omada Software Controller)
- How to Manage Omada Devices at Different Sites Using Omada SDN Controller via Port Forwarding (Controller 5.0 or Above)
- How to Manage Omada Devices at Different Sites Using Omada SDN Controller via VPN (Controller 5.0 or Above)
- Configuration Guide on Dynamic VLAN with the VLAN Assignment function of RADIUS
- How to set Access Control to create guest SSID on Omada Controller/EAP
- How to Configure Portal Authentication on Omada Controller
- Should I Keep the Omada Controller Running After Configuration?
- Do I Need to Keep Omada Controller Running When Using Portal Authentication?
- How to go through Set-up Wizard when Starting Omada SDN controller
- How to migrate Omada Controller with the Migration feature
- PPSK Configuration Guide
- Configuration Guide on EAP-TLS authentication for WPA-Enterprise (with FreeRADIUS)
- How to configure Management VLAN in Omada SDN Controller (4.4.4 or above)
- How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?(Controller 4.3.5 or below)
- How to Configure Voucher Authentication on Omada Controller
- How to add an Omada Gateway to the network? (Controller 4.4.3 or above)
- How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada controller (via EAP Discover Utility) (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada Controller (via DHCP option 138) (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via VPN Tunnel with EAP Discover Utility) (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding for Controller Host with EAP Discover Utility) (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding for Controller Host with DHCP Option138) (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs in different VLANs using Omada Controller (Old UI)
- How to Configure Band Steering on TP-Link Omada Controller
- How to Configure Load Balance on Omada Controller
- How to Configure Reboot schedule and Wi-Fi Scheduler function of Omada Controller
- How to migrate the configuration files from Omada Software Controller into OC200
- What to do if you cannot find the page of Omada SDN Controller
- How to use the Recovery Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Hardware Controller
- What to do if you get an alert of “The number of logs is up to the limit”
- How to preconfigure WAN settings on Omada Controller (v5 or above)
- How to configure the WLAN Group function on the SDN Controller(New UI)
- How to set the PVID/VLAN ID for the second port on the EAP
- How to disable 5GHz WiFi for Omada EAP
- How to convert SSL certificate format using OpenSSL(For Omada SDN Controller)
- How to Add Omada Devices to Omada Cloud-Based Controller
- How to configure the WLAN Group function on Omada Controller (V3 or below version)
- Why we need to configure mail server on Omada SDN controller before adding cloud user and email log
- What Should I Do if Omada Software Controller OC200 Cannot Adopt Omada EAP
- Which ports do Omada Controller and EAP Discovery Utility use?
- How to import your customized portal web page to Omada Controller
- How to correctly Delete All Events log on Omada Controller
- How to Build a Mesh Network via Omada EAP in Your Home
- Frequently Asked Questions about EAP Mesh Network
- How to configure URL blacklist or whitelist using Omada Controller's URL Filtering feature
- VLAN configurations of the LAN ports on Omada Gateway in Controller mode
- How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products
- Frequently asked questions of EAP Series Access Points
- Q&A for TP-Link Omada App
- How to back up and restore the configuration and data of your Software Controller (or OC200)
- Guidance and precautions for the upgrade and data migration of Omada Controller/OC200
- How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 2.5.4)
- Frequently asked questions of Omada SDN solution related to upgrading and management
- Why my Omada controller cannot manage the latest EAP?
- Configure rogue AP detection on EAP/Omada Controller
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
OC200(UN)_V1_1.9.1 Build 20210721
|Published Date: 2021-09-17||Language: English||File Size: 123.15MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.