Download for EAP245
- Product Overview
How to Set up a TP-Link EAP via Web browserThis video will demonstrate how to set up a TP-Link EAP via a web browser. The setup consists of three steps:
1. Connect the EAP to the network
2. Log into the EAP (via a wired/wireless connection)
3. Change the default SSID
This video is suitable for users with a small number (1-3) of EAPs .
- How to choose EAP products
- How to Build a Mesh Network via Omada EAP in Your Home
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding for Controller Host with DHCP Option138)? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding for Controller Host with EAP Discover Utility)? (Old UI)
- How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP in Standalone mode?
- What is TP-Link EAP Beamforming?
- How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP via Omada Controller?
- Common questions about TP-Link EAP device when it’s used in home network
- How to set Access Control to create guest SSID on Omada Controller/EAP
- What if I forget the password of EAP Controller?
- What is TP-Link EAP/CAP MU-MIMO?
- How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 2.5.4)
- The Requirements of Establishing an External Portal Server (above Omada Controller 2.6.0)
- What is Fast Roaming of TP-Link Business Wi-Fi Products?
- How to adopt EAP in Controller Mode?
- Q&A for TP-Link Omada App
- How to manage EAPs at different places across internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding and EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different places across Internet using Omada Controller (via NAT Port Forwarding and DHCP Option 138)? (New UI)
- Do I need to keep controller running when using portal authentication?
- How to Install TP-Link Omada Discovery Utility on Windows and macOS PCs?
- How to manage EAPs in different VLANs using Omada Controller? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via VPN Tunnel with DHCP Option138)? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller (via VPN Tunnel with EAP Discover Utility)? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada Controller (via DHCP option 138)? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada controller (via EAP Discover Utility)? (Old UI)
- How to manage EAPs in different subnets using Omada controller (via EAP Discovery Utility)? (New UI)
- Frequently asked questions of EAP Series Access Points
- How to view detailed client information of an EAP?
- How to set up rate limit through EAP controller
- What Is the Difference Between Login Account, Cloud Account, Device Account and User Account in Omada Controller?
- How do I login to the web management page of the EAP Series products (Standalone mode)?
- How to configure the WLAN Group function on the Software Controller (or OC200)
- Troubleshooting of Wireless Issues for Omada EAP Products
- How to back up and restore the configuration and data of your Software Controller (or OC200)
- What should I do when the controller fails to discover the EAP?
- How to configure the portal function on Omada Controller?
- How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products
- Will the Configuration Still Work with EAPs When the Omada Controller Goes Offline?
- How to Configure Voucher Authentication on Omada Controller?
- How to set up different SSIDs and Passwords for each EAP through EAP Controller?
- Source code template for External Web Portal (Controller 3.0.5 or below)
- The Requirements of Establishing an External Portal Server (below Omada Controller 2.5.4)
- What Can I Do If I Fail to Log In to the EAP via the Domain Name?
- Source code template for External Web Portal (Standalone Mode)
- What should I do if I got a certificate error?
- Configure rogue AP detection on EAP/Omada Controller
- How to Change the Language of the Printed Voucher Code？
- How to Configure Load Balance Omada Controller?
- How to Configure Reboot schedule and Wi-Fi Scheduler function of Omada Controller?
- How do I upgrade the firmware of my EAP device via web browser?
- How do I find the firmware version of my EAP device?
- PoE Guide to TP-Link Access Points
- How to configure free authentication policy on EAP Controller
- What is TP-Link EAP/CAP Airtime Fairness?
- How to Configure Band Steering on TP-Link Omada Controller?
- What should be noticed when running the EAP Controller for the first time?
- How to configure Multiple SSIDs with Multiple Subnets on EAP products
- How to deploy EAP controller on a private cloud (AWS EC2)?
- How to build a Wireless Network for School Canteen using tp-link products?
- How to build a Wireless Network for Chain Store using tp-link products?
- How to build a Factory Network using TP-Link products?
- How to build a Wireless Network for Shopping Mall using tp-link products?
- How to build a Wireless Network for Dormitory using tp-link products?
- How to build a Network for Restaurant & Cafe using tp-link products?
- How to build a Campus Network using TP-LINK products?
- How to Manage EAPs at Different Locations
- How to Change the Default Ports for EAP Controller?
- Hotspot authentication for multiple subnet with different VLANs
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|EAP245(EU)_V1_1.4.0 Build 180323|
|Published Date: 2018-04-13||Language: English||File Size: 8.12 MB|
|Published Date: 2017-08-28||Language: English||File Size: 7.90 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
EAP Discovery Tool
The EAP Discovery Tool can help the EAP Controller to adopt the EAP in L3 Network, and you can also use the EAP Discovery Tool to find the EAP’s IP address.
|Published Date: 2019-06-14||Language: English||File Size: 23.54 MB|
Operating System: WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server2008/Server2012/Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
1. Fixed the bug that when the Discovery Utility issues Controller_IP to EAPs which are in factory status, Controller cannot batch manage the EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that sometimes the Discovery Utility cannot find all EAPs when running in MacOS.
1. This version of software can be used in both Windows and Mac operation system.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS(**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC.
|Published Date: 2016-11-08||Language: English||File Size: 3.39MB|
Operating System: WinXP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server2008/Server2012
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
The first Discovery Utility released.
For EAP series, including EAP110, EAP115, EAP120, EAP220, EAP320, EAP330,EAP245,etc.
Feature Configuration Guide
- Introduction of EAP Adoption
- Configuration Guide for Facebook Portal on Omada Controller 2.6.x
- Methods for Managing the Omada EAPs Network
- Quick Start Guide_Standalone_EAP
- Managing System_Standalone EAP
- Managing EAP_Standalone EAP
- Configuring EAP_Standalone EAP
- Application Example_ Standalone EAP
- Configuration Guide for Facebook Portal on EAP Controller 2.5.x