Switches for Surveillance
Switches for Business WiFi
Wireless Networking for Elevators
Omada Software Controller
Omada Cloud-Based Controller
Omada Cloud Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices, including access points, switches and gateways, providing 100% centralized cloud management. Omada creates a highly scalable network—all controlled from a single interface. Seamless wireless and wired connections are provided, ideal for use in hospitality, education, retail, offices, and more.
Omada WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
Need to deploy stable Wi-Fi in high-density environment? Try Omada Wi-Fi 6 technology!
Omada Wi-Fi 6 access points greatly improve experiences in high-density environments, and provides faster speed and greater range for more devices.
WPA3, the Newest Security Protocol
Want to enhance the network security in public WiFi and home WiFi? Try TP-Link WPA3 technology!
To maximum the safety of enterprise and your home WiFi, TP-Link is inserting WPA3, the latest encryption technology, into Omada access points, WiFi routers, range extenders, and more devices.
Pharos Long-Range Wireless
Need to transmit network to long range or remote areas? Try Pharos wireless solution!
Pharos is TP-Link's next-generation outdoor product series, providing long-range outdoor wireless networking solutions for applications such as WISP, Enterprise Bridge (P2P), and Wireless Surveillance (PtMP).
Worried about buffering when using outdoor wireless broadband? Try TP-Link MAXtream technology!
MAXtream, the breakthrough TDMA technology, makes outdoor AP smoother and produces more efficient communications.
Facing the annoying latency when multiple devices connected? Try TP-Link MU-MIMO technology!
MU-MIMO solves this problem by creating multiple simultaneous connections to serve several users with multiple data streams at the same time.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Need to deploy your surveillance cameras in your farm? Try TP-Link PoE technology to transmit power and data through one single Ethernet cable.
LiteWave Unmanaged Switches
Need to work at home or expand your wired connections? Try TP-Link LiteWave Switches!
The TP-Link LiteWave Unmanaged Switches provide the simplest and most affordable way to expand your wired network. Just plug and play!
JetStream 10G Smart Switches
Provide high levels of performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness that SMBs require from their 10G networking solutions.
Learn MoreBecome a Partner
Training & Certification
Learn MoreStart Training
Find the Stories
Replacement & Warranty
GPL Code Center
>How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
The EAP Controller is used to manage multiple EAPs intensively.
Please upgrade firmware/software from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it may cause upgrade failure or mistakes and be against the warranty.
1. Added the feature that the system logs can be exported.
2. Changed the priority that non-administrator role cannot change the history data retention settings.
3. Optimized the UI of Statistics in Omada Controller.
1. Fixed the bug that the External Web Portal cannot authenticate successfully if the SSID of this portal has special characters.
2. Fixed the bug that the Cloud Access cannot be displayed normally in the low version of Firefox.
3. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller allow any user to read the files of controller.
4. Fixed the bug that controller will report an error when Top Usage data is empty.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.X new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
1. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller allow any user to read the files of controller.
2. Fixed the bug that controller will report an error when Top Usage data is empty.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.X, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. The Omada Controller program needs to use the system's netstat command. If the Linux system does not have net-tools installed (which contain the netstat command), the program may not be able to run normally.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04/Debian 9.8
4. Built-in JRE 1.8 Java environment.
5. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
6. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.8.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.x, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04, CentOS 6.x/7.x and Fedora 20 or above, Debian 9.8.
7. When upgrading from Controller 2.5.3 Linux to this version via install.sh, you need to uninstall old version of Controller first.
1. Add the feature that the system logs can be exported.
2. Change the priority that non-administrator role cannot change the history data retention settings.
3. Optimize the UI of Statistics in Omada Controller.
1. Fix the bug that the External Web Portal cannot authenticate successfully if the SSID of this portal has special characters.
2. Fix the bug that the Cloud Access cannot be displayed normally in the low version of Firefox.
1. Expand the number of Omada Controller’s User Account to 500.
2. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. Change the mechanism that when adopting an EAP, the Controller will retain the IP configuration of EAP in Standalone mode.
2. Change the mechanism that multiple Omada Controllers can run on the same subnet.
3. Add the button of “Start Omada Controller after installation” and check it by default.
4. Extend the Max Associated Clients in Load Balance to 255.
5. Optimize the UI of Channel Utilization.
6. Optimize the authentication page of portal.
7. Optimize the UI of the portal that you cannot click Apply when you are uploading a photo.
8. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. Fixed the bug that the page of MAC filter may not display all groups when there are more than 5 groups.
2. Fixed the bug that after deleting a site, the Voucher code and Local user of this site still exist.
3. Fixed the bug that the site configuration will fail to restore when the imported site contains same Voucher code as the current Controller.
4. Fixed the bug that when mesh AP is powered off during upgrade, Controller may fail to upgrade other APs, with a prompt message “Other APs are upgrading”.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on voucher management page.
2. Change default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
3. Optimize the “Free Authentication Policy” to support URL with suffixes.
4. Change the default status of new added “Free Authentication Policy” to enable.
1. Fixed the bug that when clients disconnect from the Facebook portal, the connection time and traffic usage of these clients may be zero in the log.
2. Fixed the bug that AP may disconnect from Omada Controller when it is upgrading the firmware.
3. Fixed the bug that in some cases, the channel configuration of 2.4G frequency may show up in 5G by mistake.
4. Fixed the bug that the configuration of SSID will not be issued correctly when changing the WLAN Group on the provisioning status.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the management page of vouchers.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” to uncheck.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the voucher management page.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.x new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT be able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgrading to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
4. You are recommended to create a backup before upgrading, or you will not be permitted to install this version of Omada Controller.
1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the processing time.
3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.
4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.
1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.
2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.
3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.
1. Merge 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID.
2. Add Guest Network function.
3. Optimize log field and content.
4. Add SSID Radius accounting to WPA-Enterprise security mode.
5. Optimize the site list which allows us to inquire the specific site based on the site name and add new entrance for the hotspot.
6. Add SSL encryption in Log Server, and Log setting/Mail Server can be only accessed by administrator account.
7. Add Layer-3 Accessibility in SSH.
8. Add Mesh settings to Backup and Restore file.
9. Add CHAP encryption and NAS ID in Radius portal authentication and the Radius Client role is transferred from EAP to Omada Controller.
10. Add SSID MAC Authentication to none security mode.
11. Add channel utilization function.
12. Add Full-Sector DFS function in Mesh network.
13. Channel limit is revised from private configuration to site settings.
14. Support inputting domain name in SMTP server.
1. The log will be cleared when you upgrade the software from version 3.0.x to version 3.1.4.
2. Add push notification to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above when EAP is connected/disconnected from Omada Controller.
3. This version of Omada Controller is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above.
4. When you upgrade your controller or backup files from lower version, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID entries with the same name will be merged and it will inherit the parameters of the original 2.4GHz SSID.
5. If you use External Radius Server with External Web Portal in old version controller, pay attention that the API has been changed in this version, thus you have to modify your External Web Portal, refer to FAQ-2390 for more details.
6. The log generated by EAP will be managed and storaged by Controller if you manage EAPs by Omada Controller.
7. Channel utilization will take effect only with new firmware.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.2.1
1. Fixed the bug that the Discovery Utility may fail to find EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that the Cancel button may overlap with the display box after managing APs.
1. This version of software can be used in both Windows and Mac operation system.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS (**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC first.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.1.13
1. Fixed the bug that when the Discovery Utility issues Controller_IP to EAPs which are in factory status, Controller cannot batch manage the EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that sometimes the Discovery Utility cannot find all EAPs when running in MacOS.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS(**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC.
Omada Discovery Utility_v2.0.0_Mac
1. Change name to "Omada Discovery Utility".
2. Update background picture during installation.
3. Limit the maximum length of controller hostname to 79.
Fix the bug that searching in the search box will cause the software to hang.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11.
TroubleshootingUser Application RequirementConfiguration GuideQ&A of functional explanation or specification parameters
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
EAP320(EU)_V2_1.4.0 Build 20180925
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v 2.6.x or above
1. Support Omada APP management method.
2. Support HTTPS redirection of portal authentication page.
3. Support URL Free Authentication Policy
4. Support rate limit function for a single client. (If you have set SSID, Client, Voucher rate limit together, the minimum limit value will take effect.)
5. Increase the priority of DHCP message and EAPOL message, optimize the correlation process under the pressure of huge traffic
6. Omada Controller increased the synchronization update process when the IP address of EAP is changed
7. EAP will report Client RSSI information to Omada Controller.
8. The hardware version will be displayed as 1.0/2.0 in the management page.
1. Fixed the bug that EAP will reboot automatically when Airtime Fairness function is enabled.
2. Fixed the bug that wireless clients may be displayed with abnormal IP address in Omada Controller.
3. Optimized the problem that EAP will be disconnected from Omada Controller.
1. For EAP320 (EU)_V1/V2 only.
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v2.5.x
1. Support new SMS, Facebook and other authentication methods of Omada Controller 2.5.x.
2. Voucher supports speed limit of clients.
1. Web management pages have syntax errors or inconsistent formats
2. EAP320 cannot be managed across different subnets when management VLAN is enabled.
1. For EAP320 (EU) v2
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v2.4.x
Enhance the capability of anti-interference.
Fix the bug that the Security Mode will turn to None if using a space character in the WPA/WPA2-PSK password.
1. For EAP320 (EU) v2.
1. Support SSH configuration through Omada Controller.
2. Enhance the stability.
1. For EAP320 (EU)_V2.
3. Please do not use a space character in the WPA / WPA2-PSK password, otherwise a software problem may occur.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
New Features/Enhancement :
1. Add Management VLAN, only the host which in the same VLAN as EAP can manage it.
2. Enhance the connection stability.
1.First firmware released for EAP320(EU) Ver2.0.
2.You cannot downgrade to UN firmware anymore but can only upgrade to EU firmware after update
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
EAP AdoptionFacebook portal authenticationManagementStandalone EAP Log in Edit SSIDEAP reset backup and restore firmware update system time user accountConfigurationConfiguration ExamplePortalQuick Start
I would like to be kept up to date with TP-Link news, product updates and promotions.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.