How to connect my TP-LINK Smart Switch to my home network via Kasa?
Kasa APP is designed to control TP-Link Smart Device both locally and remotely. With Kasa, you can easily control and monitor TP-link Smart Devices wherever you are and make your home smart. But before that, you need connect the TP-Link Smart Device to your home network first.
Before we begin:
- Please download Kasa from the IOS App Store or Google Play, then install it in your smart phone.
- Install your Smart Switch to electrical line.
As we introduced in a previous FAQ: How to install TP-Link Smart Switch to your electrical line? You could also complete the process with instructions in KASA that will be mention in the following.
- Connect your smart phone to your home Wi-Fi network (2.4GHz Only).
Let’s begin to configure:
In fact, it’s very convenient to configure TP-Link Smart Switch via Kasa as there are detail friendly instructions of every step in Kasa.
This Guide is designed to make itclearer about the steps of how to configure TP-Link Smart Switch via Kasa APP.
- Register a TP-LINK Cloud account to manage your Smart Switch remotely
Open Kasa in your smart phone, if it’s the first time that you configure the Smart Switch via Kasa, you’ll see the screenshots as below:
Here you can create an account to manage your Smart Switch when you’re not at home.
- If you don’t have an account, please sign up with your e-mail address.
Click “CREATE ACCOUNT”, then you’ll receive an activation e-mail. Please click the link in the e-mail to complete your TP-LINK Cloud account registration. After that, you can use this account to log in Kasa and manage your Smart Switch even when you’re not at home.
- If you already have an account, please click “Log in” and login with your account.
- If you want to register it later, please click “Skip” to skip this step.
- Add your Smart Switch into Kasa
- Please click the Smart Switch icon to begin adding your Smart Switch.
- Check to see if your Smart Switch is connected to the electrical lines. If you have completed the installation, you could skip the step. If not, detail friendly instructions will help you complete that.
- Check the Wi-Fi light, it will become solid amber after you have connected the Smart Switch into the Electrical wiring and restored power to it. Click “Next” to continue.
- Then wait about 15 seconds or until the Wi-Fi light blinks amber and green. Click “Next” to continue the settings.
- Here is a difference between Android and iOS in finishing this connecting step:
Kasa will look for your Smart Switch automatically, and it will take about a minute.
You need to connect smart Switch’s WiFi manually, Kasa will give you a guide for this step after you click “NEXT” button.
Then, please follow the instruction, go into your IOS phone’s setting page, and connect the WiFi of your smart Switch, the WiFi name is “TP-LINK_Smart Switch_XXXX”.
After finish this step, please go back to the Kasa App, and Kasa will connect your smart Switch.
- After a successful search, you need set a name for this Smart Switch. Click “Next” to continue.
- Here you can customize an icon for this Smart Switch. You can choose an icon from the list or choose from the “Albums” of your smart phone or take a photo.
- Enable “Remote Control” to allow your Smart Switch to be reached when you’re away from home.
- Connect the Smart Switch to your home network here we chose “onhub” as our home wireless network. If you want to use another wireless network then what is showing, please click “different network” then connect to it.
- After that, Kasa will finish the settings within 1 minute!
- Click the Smart Switch icon, you can view the Status page of this Smart Switch. Here you can monitor the working status of this Smart Switch such as Energy Usage, and also configure its advanced settings such as Schedule/Away Mode/Timer.
Your feedback helps improve this site.