How to configure QoS on the Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?
Part 1: Prioritize Internet Traffic with QoS
QoS (Quality of Service) is designed to ensure the efficient operation of the network when come across network overload or congestion.
I want to:
Specify priority levels for some devices or applications.
For example, I have several devices that are connected to my wireless network. I would like to set an intermediate speed on the Internet for my phone.
1. Enable QoS and set bandwidth allocation.
1) Log in to the web-based interface of the router. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to
2) Go to Advanced > QoS > Settings.
3) Select Enable QoS.
4) Input the maximum upload and download bandwidth provided by your Internet service provider. 1Mbps equal s to 1000Kbps.
5) Click Advanced and drag the scroll bar to set the bandwidth priority percentage.
6) Click Save.
2. Add a middle priority QoS rule for the phone.
1) Select By Device and then click View Existing Devices.
2) Choose the respective device from the list.
3) Click OK.
3. Refer to the steps above to apply other QoS rules if any.
If you want to delete a QoS rule, click to remove the responding rule from the list.
Done! Now QoS is implemented to prioritize Internet traffic.
Part 2: Update the Database
This function can help to add or update the applications the router supports. If the applications you need are not listed in the Application list, you can try to download the new version and upgrade the database. New database versions are posted at www.tp-link.com and can be downloaded for free.
1. Download the latest QoS database from our website www.tp-link.com.
2. Log in to the web-based interface of the router. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to
3. Go to Advanced > QoS > Database. Click Browse to select the database upgrade file, and then click Upgrade. Wait until the upgrade is completed and do not operate during the process.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
A sua resposta ajuda-nos a melhorar o nosso site.