TP-Link® Announces the World's Most Powerful Wi-Fi Router
BARCELONA, Spain — Jan. 23, 2017 TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today introduced the AC5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router Archer C5400X, the world's first 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core router. Along with the latest innovations in their smartphone, smart home and home networking portfolios, the Archer C5400X will be unveiled at winter's Mobile World Congress, which will run from Feb. 27-March 2 in Barcelona, and will be available in Spanish retailers by summer 2017.
Faster, stronger, more secure and more stable. The world of home networking continues its rapid acceleration, and with it, the demands for a suitable device to deliver all these qualities and more. The average home hosts a blend of unique network demands — video conferencing in the office, live gaming in the kid's room, 4K streaming in the living room — often all at once, placing increasing strain on a single home router and causing one or all of these services to interrupt. The best home network is one that manages every connection and application without dropout or user intervention. That is why TP-Link created the world's most powerful Wi-Fi router: the Archer C5400X.
The World's First 1.8GHz 64-Bit Quad-Core Router
At the heart of Archer C5400X is a 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, making it the first router of its kind. Low-powered 28nm Broadcom Cortex-A53 chips coordinate every process to reduce transmission delay, supporting even more devices and high-speed applications simultaneously for a smooth, stable Wi-Fi network for everyone at once. For the home, this supercharged processor ensures every bit of speed and performance for every smartphone, tablet, computer and console, no matter what; enjoy the latest 4K movies and compete in multiplayer online battles without the least bit of lag.
Speed and Strength for Accelerated Entertainment
The Archer C5400X takes full advantage of its groundbreaking processing power by delivering a gold standard of Wi-Fi connectivity. AC5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi transmits three separate wireless bands for combined speeds of up to 5334Mbps: 1000Mbps 2.4GHz band for surfing, online shopping and audio streaming, and two 2167Mbps 5GHz bands for 4K streaming and gaming. Smart Connect automatically assigns each device to the best of these three bands for a balanced network. 4×4 MU-MIMO serves devices 4x faster than typical AC routers, while NitroQAM™ increases maximum Wi-Fi speeds on all bands by 25%. RangeBoost is a new technology that increases the router's signal sensitivity, helping faraway or weaker devices connect. Together, these technologies create large, stable and fast Wi-Fi for multiple devices at once.
Hardwired for Extreme Performance
Aside from robust Wi-Fi, the Archer C5400X is packed with on-board features never-before seen in a home router. 16GB of internal storage is a perfect place to hold a backup of your most important files, protected within your network's firewall. Eight Gigabit ports deliver up to 1000Mbps to IP cameras, desktops, game consoles and TV boxes for entertainment speeds. With new Link Aggregation technology, connect a NAS to two Ethernet ports, creating a 2Gbps connection for lightning-fast data transfers.
Faster & Stronger Security with VPN Acceleration
In our increasingly digital age, security over your most sensitive data is more important than ever; with the C5400X, secure doesn't mean slow. To keep the main CPU running as fast as possible, the C5400X includes a separate Security Processing Unit to handle all encryption and decryption of your VPN packets. This dedicated SPU strengthens decryption and encryption speed, while maintaining the advanced speed of the main CPU. Benefit from all the security you could ever need with no sacrifice on network performance.
Bluetooth Connect for Simple Setup, Smart Devices
Every new and powerful feature of the C5400X makes it one of the most advanced home routers out there, but as with all TP-Link products, simple setup and maintenance is top priority. A first for TP-Link routers, Bluetooth connectivity allows you to set up the C5400X through your smartphone, without the need for an initial Wi-Fi connection and password that will get disconnected. Just connect via Bluetooth, configure with the free Tether app, and make the Wi-Fi network on your terms. Simple as that.
"One of the reasons we're so excited to share the Archer C5400X is that it gives homes exactly what it needs for a perfect entertainment network," says Andy Chen, Director of International Business at TP-Link. "We're using the world's first and most powerful router processor to deliver the best in speed, strength and simplicity for every device and member of the family, no matter what they are doing.
- Broadcom 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core processor coordinates every process to reduce transmission delay, supporting even more devices and high-speed applications simultaneously for a smooth, stable Wi-Fi network for all
- AC5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi transmits three separate wireless bands, combining for speeds of up to 5334Mbps* on 1000Mbps 2.4GHz and two 2167Mbps 5GHz
- RangeBoost increases signal sensitivity to receive faraway or weak devices for wider network coverage
- VPN Acceleration uses a separate security processing unit to handle all encryption and decryption of VPN packets to strengthens decryption and encryption speed, while maintaining main CPU speed
- Eight external antennas create high-performance Wi-Fi coverage for a large home
- 16GB of built-in private storage allows secure file backup and sharing within the network to access 4K movies, photo albums and other large files
- Link Aggregation accelerates data transfer to network-attached storage by combining two separate Gigabit Ethernet lines into a 2Gbps connection
- Eight Gigabit LAN ports deliver up to 1000Mbps wired speeds to IP camera, desktops, game consoles and TV boxes
- Bluetooth-based configuration simplifies and accelerates setup process
- Smart Connect helps devices run faster by intelligently assigning them to the best available connection
- NitroQAM™ technology opens data transfers wide open to boost 5GHz band wireless speeds for every device
- Two USB 3.0 ports share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- MU-MIMO technology uses four simultaneous data streams to connect to devices up to 4x faster than standard AC routers
- Beamforming technology sends targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- Parental Controls help set time limits and block websites to keep children safe
- Guest Network provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Use the TP-Link Tether app to check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your Android or iOS device
- VPN Server enables a secure connection between your private networks and the internet
- tpCloud enables access automatic firmware updates and remote control of your router from afar
- Supports 802.11ac and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
- Supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6), the newest internet protocol