Last Updated : Jul, 25 2023
What Products and Services does this policy cover
(1) TP-Link branded hardware, firmware, and software products (“Products”);
(3) services, including on and through the Products, and technical support and services accessible through the Site(s) (“Web Apps”);
(4) software that may be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet to access services (“Mobile Apps”);
(5) subscription services, including services that can be accessed using Web Apps and Mobile Apps (“Subscription Services”). The term “Services” means the Sites, Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services, which may be used in conjunction with Products and in other ways provided by TP-Link.
1. YOUR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and use different types of data from and about you, including:
1.1 Personal Information You Provide to Us:
You provide information to us when you：
- search for products or services on our website；
- place order in our stores;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device (camera usually), or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when you register and use our Products and Services) or Your Profile;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a TP-Link device or service;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, livechat, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a contest entry form, or beta testing application;
- upload or stream images, videos, or other files to the cloud Services;
- post new topics on the TP-Link Community forum.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with information such as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your location information;
- people, addresses, and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email address;
- content of livechats, posts, and emails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images and videos collected by cameras or stored in connection with subscribed cloud services;
- device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronize them with your other devices or third-party accounts.
1.2 Automatic Information
We also collect the information about how you interact with our Site and Services, which may include the pages accessed and links clicked on our site, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, access times, location, mobile device information, operating system, browser type, certain demographic information, application information, and other information associated with how you interact with the Site and Services. We will collect a device’s browser history and access time when the device is under the control of the Parental Controls feature, such as the Parental Controls feature on Deco Products, in order to better monitor the device which is under control. We will record and analyze a device's attempted URL connections and block access to malicious websites (such as phishing / fraud / fake websites) only when the device has the Real-Time Protection feature enabled. Data will no longer be collected after you turn off this feature.
1.3 Information from Other Sources
We may receive data from other sources including, but not limited to, third-party service providers which you have integrated into our Products and Services and/or voluntarily have provided with data and/or from our authorized partners, or others that we use to fulfill our obligations to you as a customer. You should carefully and diligently review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third-party products and services, and we will consider your decision to use those third-party products and services with our Products and Services to be a representation to us that you have consented to the third parties' terms and practices.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our products. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our Products and Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our Products and Services.
- Provide voice, image, and camera services. When you use our voice, image, and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with applicable laws. For instance, we collect from Partner Program users information regarding taxpayer identification number and bank account information for tax purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Products and Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, livechat).
- Marketing. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, TP-Link, and others.
We will only process your personal data for the purposes of providing Products and Services in compliance with applicable laws, as may be amended from time to time.
We will not use your information for automated decision-making.
3. WHAT ABOUT COOKIES AND OTHER IDENTIFIERS
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies”.
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store your preferences so we may customize our Products and Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return;
- keep your account, data, and our Products and Services safe and secure;
- promote the products or services to you that you may be interested in; and
- measure the performance of cooperating third-party sellers.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information internally and externally with suppliers, advisors, or Partners for our legitimate business purposes, and only on a need-to-know basis. When sharing personal information, we implement appropriate checks and controls to confirm that the information can be shared in accordance with applicable laws. Here’s more detail about who we may share your information with and in what kinds of situations:
(1) With Our Authorized Partners: We may share your information with our authorized partners. We share information with our authorized partners to
- promote safety, security, and integrity and comply with applicable laws;
- personalize offers, ads, and other sponsored or commercial content;
- develop and provide features and integrations;
- understand how customers use and interact with our Products and Services.
(2) Service Providers: To assist in our business operations and better provide Products and Services (e.g., for software maintenance services, advertising serving technologies, e-mail services, delivery services, database management services, web analytics, and other services), we may share your information with such service provider.
(3) Other Entities with Your Consent: You may choose to integrate certain third-party services with our Services. By doing so, you authorize us to transmit your personal information to third parties when you choose to integrate their services with our Services. Information collected by such third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, all of which you should carefully and diligently review.
(4) Marketing: We may aggregate anonymized user information and provide it to our third-party marketing service providers only for our promotional and/or marketing practices.
(5) Change of Control: We may be required to share your information as part of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, asset purchase, financing, bankruptcy, or other change of control.
(6) Responding to Legal Requests: We may share information where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with an applicable law or legal process or (b) respond to actual or potential complaints or legal claims, like search warrants, court orders, production orders, or subpoenas. These requests come from third parties such as civil litigants, law enforcement, and other government authorities. Or (c) where otherwise necessary to protect our rights, interests, and/or property (including, without limitation, to enforce our agreements), or the rights, interests, and/or property of our agents, independent contractors, customers, and others.
We have implemented measures, including encryption and TLS technology, designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In addition, we restrict the number of staff in charge with access to your personal data to the minimum level and frequently conduct training and education so that they comply with the confidentiality obligations with respect to your personal data.
Your account’s privacy and security are protected by your password. In order to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal data, you should select a strong password and protect it by limiting access to your computer, device, browser, or application and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If you use a third-party service to sign into your account, you should protect that account accordingly as well.
While we strive to always protect the privacy of your account and personal data in our records, we cannot always guarantee it will be completely secure. The security of your personal data may be compromised by unauthorized entry, unauthorized use, hardware failure, software failure, and other factors at any time.
Here are some best practices to protect your TP-Link ID account:
- Use complex passwords (a mixture of upper and lower letters, numbers, and symbols) when signing up.
- Use a unique password different from other website accounts to avoid being involved in their accidental data breaches.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Use 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) if possible.
6. HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
- Places we have infrastructure or data centers, including the United States, Ireland, and Singapore, among other Countries where TP-Link Products and Services are available. Typically, the primary storage region is the region that is closest to the customer’s region, often with backups to data centers in another region. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem.
These countries may have different privacy standards that differ from where you are. Please note that data processed in another country may be subject to different laws and may be accessible to government, judicial, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies in those countries. However, we will take appropriate measures to guarantee an adequate level of data protection even if your personal data are transferred to these countries.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
8. YOUR RIGHTS
To the extent required by applicable law, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you, (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data, (iii) object or restrict to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database through https://account-delete.tplinkcloud.com/. To exercise these rights, please send us an email at email@example.com to give your feedback online. Your written request may be required for security. We will verify your personal identity as required by local laws. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraudulent, unfeasible, may jeopardize the privacy of others, or would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively impact the information's accuracy.
If allowed by applicable laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent. However, withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy and effectiveness of how we process your personal data based on your consent before the withdrawal is made; nor does it affect any data processing based on another justification other than your consent.
If you think that the way we process your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you can contact the relevant competent data protection authority. You can obtain the information for contacting EU data protection authorities at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Products and Services are not directed to, or intended for, children as defined by local legal requirements, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that we have any such information, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided in Section 11 and we will delete the information as quickly as possible.
10. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TP-Link Corporation Limited
Room 901,9/F.，New East Ocean Centre, 9 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong